cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corsair Dominator Platinum LED Fan

bdolphin66
Level 7
I recently bought these led fans to enhance the look of my new setup. Unfortunately I am running into the problem where the metal clip for the LED fan is stopping me from inserting my GPU into the 1st slot on the board. This is a problem because I want to run a 2x SLI set up at x16 speed, so I need a GPU in this slot. Anyone else experience this and have a work around?
2 REPLIES 2

Chino
Level 15
I can't think of any. Perhaps you can try a PCI Express extender cable. But then you'd need to find a place for your GPU to sit on.

Artureld
Level 7
I had the same issue when I bought mine. There is apparently no solution even though on Corsair's website it shows them on the X99 Rampage. The only alternative was to straighten the clip where it hits the GPU. The clip I am referring to are the ones that you had to attach that have a bend to clip to the ram socket. One of them is more then enough to hold the fan in place. G-Skill had the right idea when they designed the RAM fans with those straight clips so that they wouldn't get stuck with the GPU as most of the GPUs are now being bundled with back-plates which don't help when you've got that bend on the corsair dominator fans.