cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G53SX drivers

Retired
Not applicable
I need some help finding drivers for my computer, would also help with a link where they update reguarly!

Can someone help me find the newest drivers for:
1. Intel Core i7-2670QM (2.20GHz) | Addon question: is this 8 cores? In device manager it show 8processors.
2. Nvidia GeForce GTX 560M

Is there any other drivers I should upgrade to get max performance?

I am also looking for some programs that can mesure heat and such. Any other programs that could be usefull?
3 REPLIES 3

BrodyBoy
Level 10
1. Intel Core i7-2670QM (2.20GHz) | Addon question: is this 8 cores? In device manager it show 8processors.

Do you mean the chipset? Windows itself has drivers for the processor. Here's the chipset driver.

2. Nvidia GeForce GTX 560M

Here's the latest official WHQL release.

I am also looking for some programs that can mesure heat and such. Any other programs that could be usefull?

HWinFO64 is an excellent utility for these purposes.

Retired
Not applicable
When I install drivers do I have to uninstall previus drivers? and if I do how can I find the previus one? thanks brodyboy

magnuzen wrote:
When I install drivers do I have to uninstall previus drivers? and if I do how can I find the previus one? thanks brodyboy

Depends on the driver. WIth WLAN drivers, it's good to uninstall first, but with most others, that's not necessary.

For the chipset, follow the directions at the bottom of this post. For the Nvidia driver, there's an option during setup for "Clean Installing" the driver, and that removes the remnants of previous drivers. (Note that this also removes any custom settings you've made in the Nvidia Control Panel.)

Some drivers are listed in the Control Panel-> Uninstall Programs window. Others are only found in Device Manager.