cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overclocking i7-4930k on Rampage IV BE

andlaw
Level 10
Hey guys, was hoping to find some help and suggestions for the best possible OC. my current setup is the i7-4930k, Asus Rampage IV Black Edition, Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133mhz (8-10-10-27).

I initially ran the Asus UI suite 3, 4-Way optimization.. selecting the 4.5G level up. After its done, I have the system running at 4.5ghz with 1.408 vcore idle and 1.420 under load. memory frequency was changed back to 1333, so I change that back to 2133. timings and everything is at it should be, and the system is stable while running prime95 blend and small fft, cinebench r15 (score 1141). I went ahead and tried something different. I changed the BCLK to 125, and frequency to 36.. which is what my target was, 4.5ghz. Memory jumped up to like 2666 so i lower it to 2000, and set the timings as they would be running the XMP profile, 8-10-10-27-2T. Everything is stable running prime95 and cinebench (score 1204). I then went ahead and decided to see if i could squeeze a bit more out of it.. and thats where things have been wrong and cant seem to be found again lol. My vcore all the while has been set to 1.385 (which is what i ended up lowering it to and getting it stable while running prime95). My final settings that I had and was completely stable, benching and gaming/ video rendering.. 4.5ghz 1.38v (36 X 125 bclk), ddr3 2000 timings 8-10-10-27-2T @ 1.65v. I have tried and tried and tried again to get these settings back in place and get my system stable, but nothing I do will now get my system stable again.... did I miss something? aside from this.. I am wondering if someone with a similar setup or high knowledge on Overclocking, I would greatly appreciate some feedback, suggestions.. anything I can do, and change within bios to get this system running stable at 4.5GHZ again with some good timings. Im not really looking for a HIGH benchmark, dont get me wrong I would atleast like to be back around the 1200 mark in cinebench, but I am just needing/wanting it to be stable so it doesnt crash while rendering videos and/or playing video games. Thanks again for the time, and thanks in advance!

ohh, and i am using the H100i with push/pull config with SP120 HP PWM's
1 REPLY 1

Radeson
Level 7
Hello,
I am a little alarmed at how high the voltage is. i believe 1.4 or higher is too high. I might be wrong.. Also i heard running prime95 at that high of a voltage could potentially do harm to your CPU. especially if you were running small fft's. It can push upwards of 300watts through the cpu and that is way too much heat. Maybe someone else could elaborate on this. Also you should probably move this thread to the rampage IV section of the forum as you would probably get more answers....

I hope i could help.