ROG Member Array

ROG G20AJ downgrade to Windows 7 Possible?

I have the G20AJ with 16GB of Ram. I noticed there isn't any Driver's for Windows 7 listed on Asus's Website anyway. Wanted to know if anyone has downgraded successfully, and if so, how. In particular what driver's worked and what didn't (I'm assuming Wifi, At least). Please let me know. I already know the deal with UEFI.

Thanks in advanced.

ROG Member Array

Bump

ROG Member Array

Yes.so easy
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadles View Post
    I have the G20AJ with 16GB of Ram. I noticed there isn't any Driver's for Windows 7 listed on Asus's Website anyway. Wanted to know if anyone has downgraded successfully, and if so, how. In particular what driver's worked and what didn't (I'm assuming Wifi, At least). Please let me know. I already know the deal with UEFI.

Thanks in advanced.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Ravenholme PC Specs
    Ravenholme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G20AJ-US009S
    MotherboardAsus H97
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 4790
    Memory (part number)16GB - Kingston DDR3 1600MHz CL11 1.35v SODIMM - KVR16LS11/8
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - Founders Edition (ASUS)
    MonitorBenQ BL3201PH (4K/UHD IPS LED)
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD
    Storage #2Seagate SSHD 1TB
    CaseAsus G20AJ
    Power SupplyAsus 180W PSU AC Adapter + Dell Y90RR 330W PSU AC Adapter
    Mouse Razer Ouroboros
    Headset Turtlebeach
    Headset/Speakers (The BenQ)
    OS Windows 10
    Accessory #1 ASUS (SBC-06D2X-U) Slim External 6x Blu-ray Combo Drive
    Accessory #2 Asus GPU Tweak II - OC: 2050 Mhz, 90°C max, 120% Power, vsync off
    Accessory #3 http://rog.asus.com/realbench/show_comment.php?id=8796

I'm personally looking forward to the free windows 10 update. I haven't seen the little indicator at the bottom yet :/ (did all updates and optional ones too)

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by macxujian View Post
    Yes.so easy

Really? Because, no one has done it as far as I know. BIOS isn't fully ACPI compliant, and you get 0x00005 error I believe it is. This is after enabling CSM, disabling secure boot, updating BIOS and disabling fast boot. Also, converting Windows 7 SP1 to UEFI and trying that was as well. Nothing has even gotten close to working. So if you have any real information which will actually be useful information other than, "Yes, so easy." It would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Nadles; 07-06-2015 at 12:57 PM.

New ROGer Array

Found this spot for Win 7 Drivers (http://www.driverscape.com/manufactu...s/g20aj/210844), but have spent over two weeks trying to install Win 7 64 bit, past loading screen, without getting the blue screen! Local computer guy wants to charge $150 to try, and ASUS Support told me it was illegal to help me with bios settings. Might be my last ASUS computer, with that lack of support over the next 12 month! Also having issues with dual boot Linux, but that's a different story.
    Last edited by dpholiday1; 08-29-2015 at 04:51 AM.