cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus g551 jx screen poor olour reproduction problem

akash69
Level 7
i purchased a asus g551 jx 16 gb nvdia gtx 950 m ddr3 i 7 4th gen its a non ips panel ie a led back lit but the color reproduction is very bad
i did the color caliberation from the tool available in windows 8 nad also turned off the asus utility tool but the colour reproduction
is worse the color appears to be washed out during movies and browsing
5 REPLIES 5

OCFreak
Level 7
If your G551JX has same panel as here, it has an AU Optronics panel with model number AUO36ED. And that panel is extremely bad, colors are washed out, blacks are mediocre and viewing angles bad. Had same panel in an Lenovo Y50 myself which I returned due to crappy screen.

Found some measuring on the net and seems it can only cover 56% of sRGB. Decent TN panels can do around 75-80% of sRGB.

this model had 3 display option including a ips panel but in my country only this option was available , how to know the panel model no & can asus
replace mine with a ips

akash69 wrote:
this model had 3 display option including a ips panel but in my country only this option was available , how to know the panel model no & can asus
replace mine with a ips

http://www.hwinfo.com/download.php will tell you a lot about your components for example. Start it and select monitor, under monitor details it should be alot of info about the monitor. If monitor hardware ID is monitor\AUO36ED then you at least have a low quality panel. Another poor panel commonly used is CMN15C4 which is juat as bad as the AUO panel.

I doubt asus will replace your monitor. You could probably get some service centre to replace the panel if you pay for panel & work, but that is usually pretty expensive.

it has exactly the same panel auo36ed , i know asus wont replace this canu tell me that this model ASUS ROG G501JW-DS71 4k panel
can be fitted in my model as both of them are 15.6 , what it might cost me & also thank u for ur time

OCFreak
Level 7
I do not think a 4k display will work, as the 551JW doesn't have an 4k option from factory. Even if the cable fits you might have problems getting more than FHD resolution.

As for display prices I guess you will have to check with service Centres/workshops.