CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro H110
    CaseThermaltake Core v71
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Logitech G800
    Headset SteelSeries Arctis 3
    OS Windows 10 Pro

AMDA00 Fix for x99 boards - Unknown Device ACPI\PNP0A0A

So I ran into an issue I've seen posted about across the internet where the AMDA00 device (the temperature sensor) would not properly install but instead show up in the device manager as Unknown Device (hardware id ACPI\PNP0A0A
    ). I battled with my system for a bit then landed on a solution that worked twice (I ended up needing to re-install my OS). Here is the solution I found.

1. Open the folder installed by the Asus driver package under Program Files on your system and locate the atkexComSvc.exe file. It was found under "Program Files\ASUS\AMDA\AXSP" on my system
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Asus_amda00_01.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	50166
    2. Double-click and execute atkecComSvc.exe or if you have UAC enabled, right-click it and select "Run as administrator".
    3. This should generate the file "PEbiosinterface32.dll" in that folder. I would wager this also starts a communication service on your machine.

Name:	Asus_amda00_02.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	50167
    4. Now go into your device manager and right-click the unknown device and uninstall it.
    5. Restart your machine.
    6. Magic happens

Name:	Asus_amda00_03.JPG 
Views:	653 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	50168

This solution worked twice for me. I hope it works for others as well. I know how very irritating these issues can be.

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Korth PC Specs
    Korth PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS X99 R5E (BIOS2101/1902)
    ProcessorHaswell-EP E5-1680-3 SR20H/R2 (4.4GHz)
    Memory (part number)Vengeance LPX 4x8GB SS DDR4-3000 (CMK32GX4M4C3000C15)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA Quadro GP100GL/16GB, 16xPCIe3, NVLink1 (SLI-HB)
    Graphics Card #2NVIDIA Quadro GP100GL/16GB, 16xPCIe3, NVLink1 (SLI-HB)
    Sound CardJDS Labs O2+ODAC (RevB), USB2 UAC1
    MonitorASUS PG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSDs, 4xSATA3 RAID0
    Storage #2Comay BladeDrive E28 3200GB SSD, 8xPCIe2
    CPU CoolerRaijintek NEMESIS/TISIS, AS5, 2xNH-A14
    CaseObsidian 750D (original), 6xNH-A14
    Power SupplyZalman/FSP ZM1250 Platinum
    Headset Pilot P51 PTT *modded*
    OS Arch, Gentoo, Win7x64, Win10x64
    Network RouterActiontec T3200M VDSL2 Gateway
    Accessory #1 TP-Link AC1900 Archer T9E, 1xPCIe
    Accessory #2 ASUS/Infineon SLB9635 TPM (TT1.2/FW3.19)
    Accessory #3 ASUS OC Panel I (FW0501)

Which X99 mobo, AMD card(s), AMD driver version, and Windows version are you using?

I tried out a pair of AMD 7870XT cards on my X99 R5E for a while (and they're surprisingly strong performers, lol). Never saw this "Unknown Device/AMDA00" error with Catalyst 14.10 and Win7, my GPU temp sensors worked just fine (and my Device Manager seemed happy) without any manual configuration.

ROG Member Array

Yes is workable. Thanks

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Hopper64 PC Specs
    Hopper64 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus M13EG Bios 1007
    Processori9 11900K @ 5.2 1.50 VCore
    Memory (part number)GSkill F4-3600C16D-32GTRS
    Graphics Card #1Asus 3090 Strix OC/Optimus Block
    Sound CardCreative SB X4
    MonitorAsus ROG PG349Q
    Storage #1Samsung 980 Pro
    CPU CoolerQuantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5 with Quantum VTX 160
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard Asus ROG Claymore 2
    Mouse Asus ROG Gladius III
    OS Windows 11 64

Korth-I think he's referring to the Asus probe sense driver. It's under utilities in the driver downloads for our board. I don't think this has anything to do with AMD video cards.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

For future reference the AMDA00 driver is on the driver DVD that comes with the motherboard. If I'm not mistaken, you should find it in the \Bin\AMDA00 folder.

New ROGer Array maddick PC Specs
    maddick PC Specs
    Motherboardx99 Deluxe
    ProcessorIntel i7 5930K @4.0ghz
    Memory (part number)Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4 2400
    Graphics Card #1Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Storage #1Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro H110
    CaseThermaltake Core v71
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Logitech G800
    Headset SteelSeries Arctis 3
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Hopper64 View Post
    Korth-I think he's referring to the Asus probe sense driver. It's under utilities in the driver downloads for our board. I don't think this has anything to do with AMD video cards.
    Yes. This refers to the temperature sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by Korth View Post
    Which X99 mobo, AMD card(s), AMD driver version, and Windows version are you using?

I tried out a pair of AMD 7870XT cards on my X99 R5E for a while (and they're surprisingly strong performers, lol). Never saw this "Unknown Device/AMDA00" error with Catalyst 14.10 and Win7, my GPU temp sensors worked just fine (and my Device Manager seemed happy) without any manual configuration.
    Running the following as hardware:
    • x99 Deluxe
    • two nVidia 970 gtx in sli

Quote Originally Posted by foo-adrian-3 View Post
    Yes is workable. Thanks
    Glad to hear this fix has help someone else out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    For future reference the AMDA00 driver is on the driver DVD that comes with the motherboard. If I'm not mistaken, you should find it in the \Bin\AMDA00 folder.
    The installer, both from the CD and downloaded via Asus site did not provide a fully working sensor for me. In either case I needed to manually kick off the service which in turn generates what I imagine to be a necessary dll file as well. I will note that others have good success turning to their CD though. This might be worth noting if someone is facing issues with this device.
    Last edited by maddick; 06-28-2015 at 07:57 AM.

New ROGer Array

I tried the solution but the problem reoccurs

Hello,
    I have tried the solution below. The first time I restart the PC I do not get the error of failing to load the device driver, but all following restart the error re-appear and every now and then the log on process gets locked.
    Any other idea on how to better fix this problem ?
    Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by maddick View Post
    So I ran into an issue I've seen posted about across the internet where the AMDA00 device (the temperature sensor) would not properly install but instead show up in the device manager as Unknown Device (hardware id ACPI\PNP0A0A
    ). I battled with my system for a bit then landed on a solution that worked twice (I ended up needing to re-install my OS). Here is the solution I found.

1. Open the folder installed by the Asus driver package under Program Files on your system and locate the atkexComSvc.exe file. It was found under "Program Files\ASUS\AMDA\AXSP" on my system

Name:	Asus_amda00_01.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	50166
    2. Double-click and execute atkecComSvc.exe or if you have UAC enabled, right-click it and select "Run as administrator".
    3. This should generate the file "PEbiosinterface32.dll" in that folder. I would wager this also starts a communication service on your machine.

Name:	Asus_amda00_02.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	50167
    4. Now go into your device manager and right-click the unknown device and uninstall it.
    5. Restart your machine.
    6. Magic happens

Name:	Asus_amda00_03.JPG 
Views:	653 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	50168

This solution worked twice for me. I hope it works for others as well. I know how very irritating these issues can be.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Qwinn PC Specs
    Qwinn PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme - BIOS 3301
    Processor5930K @ 4.4 GHz Adaptive 1.27v / 4.2 Ghz cache Offset +0.27v / Input 1.92v / LLC7
    Memory (part number)G.Skill 32gb DDR4-2666Mhz 15-15-15-35-CR2 1.2v at XMP settings
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Gaming G1 980Ti OC to 1455Mhz Core 8000Mhz memory at Stock Voltage
    Graphics Card #2Gigabyte Gaming G1 980Ti SLI
    MonitorROG Swift PG278Q
    Storage #1Intel 750 PCIe 1.2TB
    Storage #2Sandisk Ultra II 960GB SSD
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate (360" rad AIO)
    CaseThermalTake v71 Full Tower
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2
    Keyboard Saitek Eclipse II
    Mouse Razer A5090 Master of Destiny
    OS Windows 10 Professional 64 bit Build 10586

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.bruno View Post
    Hello,
    I have tried the solution below. The first time I restart the PC I do not get the error of failing to load the device driver, but all following restart the error re-appear and every now and then the log on process gets locked.
    Any other idea on how to better fix this problem ?
    Thanks in advance
    I think there's two different issues. The OP is about an issue which doesn't always occur where the device in question is unrecognized and shows up as an unknown device. The second issue is that once the device is recognized, you get an error about the driver failing upon every reboot. You're talking about the second issue.

I've tried like hell to find a solution, but this is the best answer I've managed to find. Summary: It's generally harmless, the driver does load, it just doesn't do so the first time it tries.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-Errors/page17

At this point, I've learned to embrace the error as it has the side benefit of recording at what time I've done a reboot in relation to any other errors that might pop up in the event log.

New ROGer Array

Collateral effect of \Driver\failing to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&2

Quote Originally Posted by Qwinn View Post
    I think there's two different issues. The OP is about an issue which doesn't always occur where the device in question is unrecognized and shows up as an unknown device. The second issue is that once the device is recognized, you get an error about the driver failing upon every reboot. You're talking about the second issue.

I've tried like hell to find a solution, but this is the best answer I've managed to find. Summary: It's generally harmless, the driver does load, it just doesn't do so the first time it tries.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-Errors/page17

At this point, I've learned to embrace the error as it has the side benefit of recording at what time I've done a reboot in relation to any other errors that might pop up in the event log.
    Thanks a lot for your reply.

Oftnen when I get the event :
    Source: Kernel-PnP
    Event ID: 219
    Task Category: (212)
    The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&2.

one or two seconds later I have:
    Source: Eventlog
    Event ID: 6008
    Task Category: None
    The previous system shutdown at time on date was unexpected.

And when this other correlated event occurs, the boot process gets locked and I am forced to switch off and on my PC. This fact occurs about every other day.

Anyone else experiencing this same problem. Any idea on how to prevent the boot process from locking up.

Thanks a lot in advance

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Qwinn PC Specs
    Qwinn PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme - BIOS 3301
    Processor5930K @ 4.4 GHz Adaptive 1.27v / 4.2 Ghz cache Offset +0.27v / Input 1.92v / LLC7
    Memory (part number)G.Skill 32gb DDR4-2666Mhz 15-15-15-35-CR2 1.2v at XMP settings
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Gaming G1 980Ti OC to 1455Mhz Core 8000Mhz memory at Stock Voltage
    Graphics Card #2Gigabyte Gaming G1 980Ti SLI
    MonitorROG Swift PG278Q
    Storage #1Intel 750 PCIe 1.2TB
    Storage #2Sandisk Ultra II 960GB SSD
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate (360" rad AIO)
    CaseThermalTake v71 Full Tower
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2
    Keyboard Saitek Eclipse II
    Mouse Razer A5090 Master of Destiny
    OS Windows 10 Professional 64 bit Build 10586

They're not really correlated. Go ahead and do a normal restart. You should get the 219 error without the 6008 error.

You WILL see a 219 every time your system crashes and reboots (which is what the 6008 error is telling you happened), because you'll see 219 on every single reboot, crash or otherwise. Something is crashing your system, but it's not the 219 error. We all get the 219 error all the time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast