cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Microsoft OneDrive from Taskbar Notifications on G750JW? - solved

Torpedo499
Level 7
Hello,

Microsoft Skydrive came preinstalled on my Asus G750JW however it's not preinstalled on my other Windows 8.1 laptop.

I was wondering if there is any way to completely remove it from my computer and If other G750 owners have it installed.

Thanks for your help!
15 REPLIES 15

Darnassus
Status Under Review
You mean OneDrive? ;d

Yes, it comes preinstalled on the G750's. Unsure as to why it's not on your other 8.1 machine. It's difficult, if not.. impossible to remove as it seems to be integrated into the operating system like Explorer. Rather annoying, it gives me Save As errors.. well it did. (They must've fixed that finally)

Just take it off your toolbar.. then just.... pretend it isn't there. ;d

Possibly a way to take it off your folder bar too, try google that. ':x

If you live near AusLand, a great alternative is www.MEGA.nz that's 50gb storage free. ;D

Otherwise, try out DropBox! ;d

@Darnassus - Just take it off your toolbar

How can I take it off of my taskbar/toolbar?

Darnassus wrote:
You mean OneDrive? ;d

Yes, it comes preinstalled on the G750's. Unsure as to why it's not on your other 8.1 machine. It's difficult, if not.. impossible to remove as it seems to be integrated into the operating system like Explorer. Rather annoying, it gives me Save As errors.. well it did. (They must've fixed that finally)

Just take it off your toolbar.. then just.... pretend it isn't there. ;d

Possibly a way to take it off your folder bar too, try google that. ':x

If you live near AusLand, a great alternative is www.MEGA.nz that's 50gb storage free. ;D

Otherwise, try out DropBox! ;d

How can I remove OneDrive from my toolbar? That's basically the only thing that's bothering me 😛

Torpedo499 wrote:
How can I remove OneDrive from my toolbar? That's basically the only thing that's bothering me 😛

If you are talking about the toolbar on the desktop, right click on it and click unpin (same with tiles). If you're talking about the file explorer folder section on the left, then you would have to switch from a microsoft account to a local account.

Maxter wrote:
If you are talking about the toolbar on the desktop, right click on it and click unpin (same with tiles). If you're talking about the file explorer folder section on the left, then you would have to switch from a microsoft account to a local account.

Is there any way to remove it from the task tray? I mean on the right hand of the screen where the battery and date is.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Torpedo499 wrote:
Is there any way to remove it from the task tray? I mean on the right hand of the screen where the battery and date is.

Oh from THERE? Easy. Click the arrow, Customise, then find OneDrive and 'Hide Icon and Notifications'! ;3

Maxter
Level 9
maybe he really wants to "unmount" it... click CTRL+SHIFT+ESC>Startup Tab. Look for the onedrive (skydrive) under "name". Right click on it, then click disable. Reboot.

Maxter wrote:
maybe he really wants to "unmount" it... click CTRL+SHIFT+ESC>Startup Tab. Look for the onedrive (skydrive) under "name". Right click on it, then click disable. Reboot.

Onedrive isn't on my taskmanager startup page.. weird. Hide Icon and notifications doesn't work either. It makes me so angry to see it in the Taskbar/task tray 😞 5022350222

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Ah I see. ;x

... damn OneDrive. Mine keeps syncing even when it's empty and telling me big beautiful message bubbles about how proud it is doing it's job. ';f