Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Problem and need help (Asus Heros 7 and GTX 980 Matrix)

Hello all !. I would like to requiere the help of all person if possible since im at the limit of my knowledge and don'T know what to do anymore.

(My main language is french, if something is not clear, ask i will try to make sure it's ok)

My brother bought a new PC (complet) and i did help him whit the part and everything.

MainBoard : ASUS Maximus VII Hero ATX LGA1150 Z97 3PCI-E16 3PCI-E1
    CPU : Intel Core i7 4790K Unlocked Quad Core HT 4GHZ/4.4GHZ
    RAM : Corsair Vengeance Pro Gold 16GB 2X8GB DDR3-2400 CL11 1.65V
    Power : 1200 antec true power quatro
    Graphic Card : Asus ROG GTX 980
    Cooling : Corsair H100 (liquid cooling)
    Case : Cooler Master HAF 942
    SSD : OCZ 120 Go (sorry blank for the type, im at 800 KM from him atm)
    4 other HDD, from 1 to 2 TB each
    a DVD player
    SOND : asus xonar pheobus
    Keyboard : Logiteck G19

Here is the deal. Once we recive all the part, we mount the beast. I have been in IT field for over 10 years and already own a Asus mobo OC and all the gear and it's working flawless.....

After we finish mounting his beast, we install windows. Test each component (memtest, Prime95, GPU bencher) and everything was working correctly....

Then we start installing different program like AI suite 3,aida64, the software that came with the Graphic card... well everything.
    I then try to use AI suite to bring the OC, witch it did....

but here is all the probleme : THE PC IS COMPLETELY INSTABLE, OC or not (stock).... we have alway these random crash, from the nvidia driver to crash, to the motherboard saying Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued. To sundently computer FREEZE completely but the sound still work flawless...

and it's happen when we are on chrome, when we are doing nothing... when we are playing game like The Witcher and some low game like Diablo 2.

All these crash seem random, and no mather how many think i try (sfc /scannow, chkdsk /r /f... testing each component individualy. OC and NOT OC the rig) these crash alway happen.

Last think i try today was to shut off the TDR via the Registry for stopping the nvidia driver to crash (Btw before you ask we have try all drivers since the 980 came out to today :S) and even them, Nvidia driver don'T seem to crash but the RaidPort crash (was still before)

Im all open to do anything, i reformat that pc many time also....

is there a precisely order i need to install all ?
    do it's seem like a software or hardware probleme ?

Any of you have probleme like that ?

we recive the PC on May 04, 2015 and we pay more that 3.5K for it... and right now my brother only think of a Axe and his pc in the wood....

The wrost is that yesterday night we play for what... 5-6 hours strait whitout any probleme... and this morning it crash 4-5 time in 15 min.

So, to all of you, shoot me your idea please. I will try everything even it's it seem stupid i don'T care. I have reach my own limit as to be able to solve that by myself and people in the small town we are don't have any idea

thanks for all the help you can provide me

you can reach me here by answering that post, or by email at : maxime.poirier@hotmail.com

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Menthol PC Specs
    Menthol PC Specs
    MotherboardM 10 Apex / XI gene
    Processor8700K / 9900K
    Memory (part number)2x8 Gskill Trident Z 4266/2x2x8 Gskill Trident Z 4500
    Graphics Card #1RTX 2080ti / GTX 1060
    Sound CardSoundBlaster Ae5 / Onboard
    MonitorBENQ 32" 4K
    Storage #1Intel 900p 480GB/Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
    Storage #2Intel 750 1.2TB/Plextor 1 TB 2X 950 Pro
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i AIO / H1110i
    CaseCorsair 740 ? Lian Li Air
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1200i / AX 1200i
    Keyboard Corsair
    Mouse ASUS Strix
    Headset HyperX Cloud Alpha
    Mouse Pad ASUS
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z906
    OS 10 X64 Pro
    Network RouterVerizon Fios
    Accessory #1 Intel Wifi BT pcie card
    Accessory #2 Red Bull
    Accessory #3 English Breakfast Tea

I would uninstall aisuite, only install nvidia driver and physic not the other programs that are in nvidia drivers, disable hardware acceleration in Chrome to stop Chrome from crashing. What is Raidport, if it is a driver you do not need, don't install it. My Hero 7 has been rock solid since first day with default settings in bios except XMP setting for the RAM. best way to install motherboard drivers is from the install disk. only what is needed, nothing more.

ROG Member Array

gonna try, the raidport is the SSD port, when that pop the whole computer freeze for a solid min, and the recovery (or crash and reboot, depend)

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array MeanMachine PC Specs
    MeanMachine PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)I enjoy my wife
    MotherboardCVI HERO + CVII Hero Wifi
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1800X + 2700X
    Memory (part number)CMD16GX4M2B3000C15 + F4-3200C14D-16GTZR
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX980 SC for CVFZ
    Graphics Card #2EVGA GTX 1080 hybrid
    Graphics Card #3GTX 770 for phys x
    Sound CardMB
    MonitorHP w2408h
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2
    Storage #2Samsung 840EVO 500GB and 960 M.2 pro
    CPU CoolerCorsair H105, H110 and H115i
    CaseCorsair 750D and 780T
    Power SupplyCorsair AX-1200i and Antec 850 pro platinum
    Keyboard Logitech K800
    Mouse Razer Mamba
    Headset Corsair Vengeance 2100
    OS W7 Ultimate 64bit and W10 pro 64bit
    Network RouterNetcom Wireless NF18ACV

Hi Daakutenshi

I just wanted to backup Menthol, get rid of AISuite as it doesn't play well with some systems. Only OC within your Bios.
    Reset Bios back to default, (clear CMOS) I think your system is unstable due to incorrect OC.

Stress Test your system for stability and checking your temperatures as you go.
    Use ROG Realbench or Prime95 (small FFT for 10-15mins).
    Monitor with Coretemp or HWMonitor.

MM
    We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
    CPU:
    AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

ROG Member Array

Well after 3 format, testing... it's seem the SSD might be dieing. We format with 2 other Hard disk, once is completely H/S, the second is a basic HDD, seem fine untill windows enter deep sleep and ether me or my brother realise untill i had the HDD in my hand to make a Ghost, and the PC restart with a windows logon but no HDD inside....

We then procede to format his SSD and everything was flawless.... untill the next morning windows pop me a message saying something about files of the user corrupted.....

at that point im mad... 3.5K and still probleme... We tought we where ok... i recreate a user and move back 800 KM. during the day pc was no.1

night come, we play a game of Sin of a solar empire, 40 min and the game FROZE... but ATL+TAB was fine, he was able to speak with us, even close the game whitout a probleme....

Today (monday) he came to a screen with snow (like a CTR TV whitout cable plug.... computer reboot.... now it's seem he can watch Netflix... but we did try to launch a game and game won't launch at all.

I will tell you. At that point im realy mad. How come we bought piece, and not Cheap one... suppose to be the BEST... we bench individualy EACH part (even the SSD) and even with all the test saying the PC is OK. Freash install on windows... still have crash.

So... any new idea.... because Asus will have back all what we bought and we will stay away... atm im realy burn out. been 2 month i try to find the probleme and can't find it.

Any other idea im all in.
    Any other software to try, im all in also.

ROG 師傅 Array Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Laptop?...No way! (Model?...Jun Amaki...yes way!)
    MotherboardROG ZENITH EXTREME
    ProcessorTHREADRIPPER 1920X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14Q-32GVK
    Graphics Card #1GTX Titan X
    Graphics Card #2SLI is dead to me
    Graphics Card #3Tri SLI is even dead to Nvidia
    Graphics Card #4Quad SLI is dead to everybody especially my credit card
    Sound CardXonar Essence STX
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 950 PRO
    Storage #22x OCZ VERTEX 3/2x WD Caviar Black 500GB / 2x WD RED 2TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Loop: Dual D5s, Dual Alphacool Monsta 480s, XSPC Raystorm Neo TR4, EK TitanX WaterBlock
    CaseNope!...Phobya Bench...let it all hang out man!
    Power SupplySeasonic SS-1200XP3
    Keyboard Logitech G810 or Fender Rhodes Electric Piano (MKI 73)
    Mouse G502 or Speedy Gonzalez...not Mickey...don't do Disney!
    Headset ...firmly on neck
    Mouse Pad Mouse don't got his own pad man...lives with me
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Spinnaker...or you mean the speakers in my head...man too many voices to name them all
    OS Win XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 Spyware Edition
    Network Router56k modem
    Accessory #1 Umm...nice tie?
    Accessory #2 Err...belt?
    Accessory #3 3 accessories?! I'm not a girl!!

Of course I can never be sure from here but it sounds a lot like memory problems to me...have you tested the memory...maybe one stick at a time on stock (F5 in BIOS) settings i.e. 1333..... test with a bootable program like Memtest86+

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array NemesisChild PC Specs
    NemesisChild PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximus X Hero (WI-FI AC)
    ProcessorIntel i7 8700K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3600C16D-16GTZR
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia GTX 1070 Ti FE
    Graphics Card #2Nvidia GTX 1070 Ti FE
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970 PRO 512GB NVMe M.2
    Storage #2WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X42
    CaseCooler Master HAF 932 Advanced
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
    Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech G703 Wireless
    Headset Logitech G Pro
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries
    OS Windows 10 Home x64 (UEFI)
    Network RouterLinksys WRT1900AC

To me, it sounds like most of your issues are related to your GTX 980 and/or the Nvidia driver.
    DO NOT install your Hero VII and 980 drivers from the disks, go directly to ASUS & Nvidia sites to get the current drivers.
    Uninstall AI Suite and the Nvidia driver and for now just use the onboard video.
    Or pull the 980 and replace with another GPU that you know is in good working order to test system stability.

Have you run memtest on each stick of memory individually?
    Intel i7 8700K@ 5.2GHz (Delidded)
    ASUS Maximus X Hero (Bios 1801)
    NZXT Kraken X42
    G.Skill TridentZ@ 4000MHz CL16 2x8GB
    SLI: 2x Nvidia GTX 1070 Ti FE@ 2025/2025MHz
    Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVMe M.2
    Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
    Storage: WD Black 7200 RPM 64MB Cache 2TB
    EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced

ROG Member Array

After a other bunch of test..... the SSD if fail.

in fack, all these probleme seem to start from there. But here me out, you test the SSD, everything seem good. You test it in a other computer everything is good. YOU TEST IT IN ANY WAY IT'S ALWAY COME BACK GOOD.

But put it in production (AKA: installing windows on it and runnig it on a daily basic) it's screw. probleme with files that keep crashing, corrupt and such...

glad that is done, mad that... even after testing everything and everthing was fine... a part was still bad....

but hey, that is done

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Ntwlf PC Specs
    Ntwlf PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Build Below In Progress
    MotherboardASUS Maximus VII Formula
    ProcessorIntel i7 4790K @4.8GHz (siliconlottery.com)
    Memory (part number)32GB G.Skill TridentX F3-2400C10Q-32GTX
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix GTX 980 Ti OC
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix GTX 980 Ti OC (w/ROG Enthusiast 2-way SLI Bridge)
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1(2x) SanDisk Extreme Pro 960GB, (1x) SanDisk Extreme Pro 240GB
    Storage #2(2x) Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 1TB ST1000DM003 (Raid 0)
    CPU CoolerCRYORIG R1 Ultimate w/Red Heatsink Covers
    CaseCM Storm Trooper w/Custom Side Panel (Window w/(2x) 120mm fans)
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200i w/Red Braided Cables
    Keyboard SteelSeries Apex M800 Mechanical Gaming
    Mouse SteelSeries Diablo III
    Headset Audio Technica ATHAD500X w/AntLion ModMic 4.0
    Headset/Speakers Logitech X-540 Speakers
    OS Win 7 Ultimate X64 (w/ Virtual XP for older games)
    Network RouterASUS ROG Front Base Dual-Bay Gaming Panel
    Accessory #1 ASUS Blu-Ray Writer BW-16D1HT
    Accessory #2 Seagate 4TB HDD 5900rpm ST4000DM000 (internal - backup & imaging)
    Accessory #3 (9x) case fans Thermaltake Riing + (2x) Lepa Chopper (front bay light effects)

Hi Daakutenshi,

I'll take a stab at suggestions for you to try...

Please forgive me as I will get long winded / overly descriptive.

I have read you have been in the IT field for over 10 years, so please don't take my detailing personal, as you may already have done this from habit of experience. I'm just a hobby/enthusiast still learning. But hopefully something here will help in narrowing down the problem.

Setup/assemble system with only the bare essentials, and add additional components one at a time and configure them as necessary, until system is completely assembled operating perfect or a fault happens indicating the last component or software/driver added is possibly introducing the fault.

Start off with wiping/erasing the SSD, to prepare for later. Turn off PC and strip down your system to just the MOBO, CPU, 1 stick of RAM, PSU, no other hardware connected. Clear CMOS (reset BIOS), turn PC on and set the necessary parameters within bios (cpu, ram, etc). Shutdown PC. Connect the SSD (for OS install) and DVD drive (if needed for OS install only, If installing from USB Stick leave DVD drive disconnected). Boot PC into BIOS and setup SSD parameters, and DVD drive (if connected) as necessary. Reboot and install the OS. Reboot as necessary for OS cleanup after it's installation. Install the Intel drivers and reboot. Install the LAN drivers and reboot. Now update the OS and reboot as necessary until all updates have been installed. Shutdown PC and install Video card. Start PC and go into BIOS to change settings as necessary for the Video card added, and disable onboard video. Reboot, Install video drivers and adjust video settings as necessary. Shutdown PC and install the remaining ram, then boot into BIOS to verify ram is recognized and set parameters as needed. Reboot and let the OS do it's thing registering the added ram, and verify it's recognized.
    Shutdown PC and add in the HDD's "one at a time", rebooting and configuring them for use within BIOS then OS. Do the same for DVD drive (if not already installed) and then the sound card and it's drivers for last (be sure onboard audio is disabled).

Hopefully all is good so far... if it is, I would Image/Back-up your OS Drive at this point before adding any applications, software, games, etc. Or at least make a System Restore Point. Then precede in installing whatever is wanted one at a time, running/testing/configuring etc.

I hope you get your brothers PC problems sorted out whether anything I have offered helps or not.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Melkor PC Specs
    Melkor PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VI Formula
    ProcessorIntel i7 4790K 4.7Ghz/1.28V
    Memory (part number)G.Skill TridentX 2x8GB 2400Mhz
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Matrix 780Ti
    Graphics Card #2Asus ROG Matrix 780Ti
    MonitorAsus VG278HE
    Storage #1Samsung EVO 850 1TB
    CPU CoolerEK Supremacy EVO
    CaseNZXT Phantom 630
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200i
    Keyboard Razer Deathstalker Ultimate
    Mouse Razer Ouroboros
    Mouse Pad Razer Manticor
    OS Windows 8.1 64
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC66U
    Accessory #1 2x EK-FC780 GTX Ti Matrix - Nickel
    Accessory #2 2x EK-FC780 GTX Ti Matrix Backplate - Black

Hello,

Go to http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3698 and download hot fix driver - this driver includes the same fixes which were part of our previous 353.38 hotfix driver release:

Chrome Crashes/Freezes/TDRs
    Delays when starting or switching apps & games with GSYNC enabled

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast