cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JY - GTA 5 random crashes

Gidimi
Level 7
Got my laptop a few weeks, haven't tweaked it all, everything is stock. I wanted to know if there's any other GTA 5 online players that are having random crashes, especially during missions. The speffic error is: err_gfx_d3d_init. I'm currently in the process of redownloading the game to see if that solves it. Any help would be appreciated. Would also like to hear if there's players with the G751 with no issues at all. Thanks
13 REPLIES 13

Gidimi
Level 7
Quick update, reinstalling the game didnt fix it.

you have msaa x4? use nvexperience! in game set msaa to 2 disable vsync in game but not in controlpanel.

I have msaa x2 already. I'll try disable vsync as you suggested and get back to you. Thanks

i have the issue sometimes have when to much oc!

I see. Well I haven't OC'd my GPU or CPU. Have the latest drivers though I haven't updated my BIOS from 205-207. Not sure if that has any relevance but thought I should mention it. Tested with VSYNC enabled through nvidia control panel, just experienced another crash so it doesn't seem to have solved it.

If it helps, the crashes tend to happen in between loads of online missions (races, heists, etc).

Boxis
Level 7
Be sure you dont have MSI Afterburner of Fraps or some monitoring program turned on. Sometimes they interfere with GTA and they might be the reason why it crashes.

Anyway, try to find in your GTA folder - Rockstar Games/gtaV/settings.xml

- Open the file and change to

- Save and exit. Open GTA and see if you still get some crashes.

Ok I'll give it a go. I do tend to have afterburner running in the background. Reluctant to try change the settings file though because I dont want to downgrade to direct x 10. But if it still crashes without afterburner, ill give it a shot. Thanks

Gidimi
Level 7
Just experienced a crash without any background services like afterburner and fraps. My last option is the direct x 10 solution

Boxis
Level 7
Its strange, because many people used to have this issue but after rockstar patched GTA the error stopped showing up. Do you have original GTA 5 right ? On steam or retail version ?