cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JT Factory Image

kingkaann
Level 8
Does anyone happen to have factory image of the G751JT?
22 REPLIES 22

warryabel
Level 7
what you mean? you need a factory image?

do you mean the windows recovery partition?...
mine has the recovery partition but doesnt have the Windows installer (means if i format my pc, i cant reinstall it using my recovery.. so my recovery is useless)
Since i dont have the iso.. i just download the windows by following the instruction here and i manually download and installed most of drivers myself (bloatwares not included)

note: you must know your windows product key first 😄 😄

dapogz717 wrote:
do you mean the windows recovery partition?...
mine has the recovery partition but doesnt have the Windows installer (means if i format my pc, i cant reinstall it using my recovery.. so my recovery is useless)
Since i dont have the iso.. i just download the windows by following the instruction here and i manually download and installed most of drivers myself (bloatwares not included)

note: you must know your windows product key first 😄 😄

Thank you mate..thats exactly what i needed 😄

Try here you don't need a product Key, as long as you download the same version of win 8.1 that you have Core and OEM the same Pro and single language are different . your notebook will supply the key on install. It built into your UEFI BIOS Chip Asus Support download is where you will download all the latest drivers for your notebook be sure to download the chipset drivers and have them ready to go as soon as you have windows installed.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Etienne91
Level 7

It says I can not use this key for a commercial usage... How did you make it ?

Gps3dx
Level 12
Hopefully, you've downloaded the right windows installation DVD ( CORE, OEM, not VL ) - but somehow the configuration of the disk is wrong....
Within windows bootable USB open \sources\ei.cfg and change the content of this file so it will support installation of a CORE edition with OEM channel, NOT VL.
You can use this source to generate the ei.cfg file with the details I provided or simply copy the following:

[Edition]
Core
[Channel]
OEM
[VL]

I hope you've put windows installation in a USB and did not burn it....cuz if not - you'll need to reburn it.
This, will install Windows 8/8.1 in a way that will be compatible with the genuine serial we got from asus.

EDIT: OH.... dude - you don't have to download MS windows ISO from within windows update.... I personly hate it - cuz you'll never know what release of win 8.1 is that.
( there are about 5 releases for every type of the 5 different versions of windows, and about a 50 different based languages - so total of about 1250+ ISOs to download - NOT comforting )
The reason is simple - you'll want the latest, cuz then, you'l have to perform less windows update - which sums to a far more faster approach then to download some old release and then perform some 3GB+ of windows updates.

The best source that I know of, in which you can selectively download the latest ( win 8.1, x64, update 3, CORE ) is FROM HERE - download the ESD file, run the decryption app with option 1 to generate an ISO disk - 1:1 copy vs MSDN files .
enjoy.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

Etienne91
Level 7
I can t even download the windows... it says that this is a commercial license...

Awe then you have a enterprise version You'll have to deal with your IT department. The link I gave you last post will download the latest version and is the only Legal MS download site. If your original install was through your company or you try to download from a business computer you will have issues Enterprise Version is different from Core Pro or Signal Language.
Here is a link to the windows 8 forum you will find tutorial on how to install and activate with your embedded Key
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

@Clintlgm -
I can agree that "eightforums.com" is a resourceful site.

In your link MS wrote: "If you’re not running Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, you’ll need to enter a Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 product key" ----> please read @Etienne91 posts: the man/women DON'T HAVE HIS Activation key !!!!

Thus, he he should download a windows installation disk from non MS limiting source or he should use a GENERAL activation key to download the ISO in which the OS will automatically activate his/her windows from the SLIC information embedded within the UEFI/BIOS, and from the info MS got on their activation servers ( which he upload once he had windows 8 runing and connected to the internet )

B.T.W if he DON'T have windows 8/8.1 currently working on his G751 - then the MS windows 8 download tool will NOT know which type of installation disk he/she should have ! ( as I wrote already - it can all be change when you edit the ei.cfg file ) ( so it may download CORE edition but not OEMenabled channel !!! )
But if he/she don't have general knowledge of windows installation disks - then your method WILL NOT WORK.

P.S its illegal to work with hack activated Win OS - but NO BODY says its illegal to download a copy of the installation disk FROM WHERE-EVER they want !
MS makes there money from activation keys - not from copies of digital installation disks !
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]