cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official Windows 10 for G56JR?

Cryptoxic
Level 7
Hey all, just wanna ask if the windows 10 update will work with all my hardware on update day. Not sure if I will require any driver update as Asus' support from the G56JR hasn't had any updates since mid 2014.

Will the essentials like trackpad, keyboard, wireless and sound work?
14 REPLIES 14

Maxter
Level 9
word around is that windoes 8.1 drivers will work with windows 10 (at least the beta works fine like that)

Cryptoxic
Level 7
Ah that is a nice reassurance. I'm not sure if Asus will even update the drivers for WIndows 10 because when I checked their support page, the latest drivers is from mid 2014 and some even from 2013.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Forget Asus drivers, just grab the stuff from manufacturer websites.. who knows, Win10 might auto-install it for you.

All you'd probably need is the ATK package for your F1-12 line and that's it.

Maxter
Level 9
that's true too... Windows 10 might just install its own drivers to match the hardware in the laptop. Win 8.1 update installed new drivers (not from ASUS) on my JW and it works fine. Microsoft FTW! they are really doing a good job now-a-days

Cryptoxic
Level 7
Oooo ATK package only?

Windows even installs the trackpad drivers automatically?

Wow I didn't know that LOL

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Yeah last I did a format it did. ;d

Even installs my Naga as a normal mouse. That's the main thing that made (I think since Vista) windows revolutionary.

Note it installs BASIC FUNCTIONS like move and click. Not the advanced gestures..

Oh almost forgot, on top of the ATK package, you'd need to download the specific RealTek driver that includes MaxxAudio and so on as well as your latest Graphics Driver from NVidia. Though Microsoft Updates believe it or not supplies NVidia drivers too. Just not the latest ones usually.

Maxter
Level 9
windows update also provides the realtek drivers (but not the maxxaudio), and yes, it does provide nvidia drivers.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
I did say specific RealTek! >xc

Maxter
Level 9
you did, but I was clarifying that the drivers offered from Win10 are realtek but do not include the maxxaudio (not everyone uses it, or care to have it)