cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog g501 driver_power_state_failure

jecc047
Level 7
Hi Guys,

Please help me to fix this issue on my brand new laptop ASUS ROG G501 just bought it yesterday.
Whenever i shutdown my laptop and then the next instance i turn it on again,
I was able to go back on the desktop screen, the problem is when i click a program to start, for example I always
click first the Steam app but it won't open, after several seconds then the Blue screen error pops
up and indicates that it needs to restart as the computer encountered an error "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE".
After restarting my laptop resume on normal operation until
I shut it down again then the cycle repeats (desktop screen - blue screen error - restart - normal operation).

Thanks in advance. 🙂

Nvidia GTX960M 4GB

3 REPLIES 3

spindrift
Level 7
I get these too.
got the g501 today.

BSODS and screen flickering in games 😞

XBeater
Level 7
We have the same situation. I just bought my ASUS G501 last week and i already had experience the problem trice. Everytime i reboot, it just randomly happend whether i'm about to open a steam game or just simply browsing my library. Please provide support for us ASUS

System:
ASUS R.O.G. G501

serialgign
Level 7
I had the same problem with my g501. After searching a lot on the internet, I found a solution that worked (well for me at least).

I uninstalled MacAfee (which is known for its BSODs) and more importantly the ROG GameFirst 3 program.

Not a single BSOD since then 🙂