cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access UEFI on FI menu on G 74

DSellars
Level 7
My question is how do you access the UEFI menu. Is this dependent on Windows being installed under UEF I?
Also is anyone discovered how to disable the Asus splash screen on system start, I would like to see the post.

Thanks Dave
7 REPLIES 7

Clintlgm
Level 14
I think these notebook are posting so fast that if it was there you wouldn't be able to see it.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

justinzon
Level 7
DSellars wrote:
My question is how do you access the UEFI menu. Is this dependent on Windows being installed under UEF I?
Also is anyone discovered how to disable the Asus splash screen on system start, I would like to see the post.

Thanks Dave

Hold F2 during boot up to access bios..
You can enable UEFI under boot option.
Also you can disable splash screen in there somewhere as well.

Support page for the G74sx:
http://www.asus.com/ROG_ROG/G74SX/overview/

DSellars
Level 7
Only place I see any mention of the splash screen is to enable or disable animation. I know it will be fast but it has always bugged me. But it is still there.

uefi I'm trying to learn how to use it. What is needed to install windows etc.

Yes that is all there is the Asus can be animated or not there is no other setting. If you are looking for a graphical interface for UEFI like Asus has from there motherboard forget it. It isn't there Notebook UEFI/BIOS is text just like BIOS has always been.

What is needed to install window is a USB Thumb drive or DVD with windows install on it. Your hardware drivers can be found here at Asus Support Downloads

Will you be installing windows 7 SP1 UEFI or Windows 8.1 UEFI ????

Here is a helpful thread on Installing windows
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Forget what, installing an OS would not effect your UEFI/BIO that is on your motherboard
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

C4RN1
Level 9
You want to be careful messing around in the bios. Other G74 owners have bricked their computers by changing the splash logo or animated setting. Research before you try anything.

You've been warned!

DSellars
Level 7
Thanks for the replies guys. I'll forget it.