cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Build Fan Control Question.

Holmis
Level 7
Hi Guys.

Every 2-3 years i go into a new build frenzy and last couple of times i bought ROG mb, i love them.

My question is having bought a H105 water cooler for my 5930K mounted on the V Extreme.
Fan setup i have connected the 2x 140mm fans on the cooling unit to CPU 1 and CPU OPT, the pump itself which i understand will need constant full power i have connected to CHA_FAN1A.

Can i set in the bios that CHA_FAN1a runs full power all the time?

Just waiting for final delivery of my 2 x Gainward GTX 970 Phantom and my nw Revodrive 350 before i can boot it all up.
BTW had to buy a PCI x8/16 extender cable to correctly fit the revo in a x8 slot seems the V Extreme is a bit small 😉

Thanks for any replies you might have for me.
4 REPLIES 4

Onimax
Level 8
Hey Holmis,

yes you can do that for example using the fan control wizard in the UEFI (hit F6 when in UEFI if I recall correctly) or use the AI Suite to controll the fan speed.

However personally I would connect the pump to the CPU header and the fans to CHA_whatever - but that's just my personal taste I guess. 😉

Holmis
Level 7
Thanks for the quick answer, my first thought was to also connect the pump to CPU fan like you said but reading the specifications for the H105 it states not to use the CPU outlet since the power out will fluktuate with temp making the pump not run constant.

😉

Holmis wrote:
Thanks for the quick answer, my first thought was to also connect the pump to CPU fan like you said but reading the specifications for the H105 it states not to use the CPU outlet since the power out will fluktuate with temp making the pump not run constant.

😉

Connect the pump to a chassis fan header and then disable Q-Fan Control in UEFI for the header it is connected to.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Connect the pump to a chassis fan header and then disable Q-Fan Control in UEFI for the header it is connected to.

Awesome Thanks.