cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SkyLake ITX boards

Mackan
Level 7
Anyone else curious about SkyLake Z170 ITX offerings from Asus? When will we hear about it?

From the leaked list I saw only one contender, the Z170i Pro gaming. No Impact board? No more normal Pro/Deluxe (the famous P8Z77I-DELUXE with nice bluish color and heatsinks)?

It feels like Asus had a bunch of nice ITX boards for Sandy/Ivy Bridge, but now we get less options, and less exciting?
8 REPLIES 8

Chino
Level 15

Mackan
Level 7
I think most motherboard companies showed their ITX boards on Computex, except Asus. I just hope Asus gives us something really good, with acceptable color theme. Would like to see M.2, and new U.2 port for external SSDs. I haven't seen any such U.2 port on any SkyLake motherboard so far, which is worrying. Still only SATA ports, makes no sense when industry is transitioning to PCIe SSD.

Skunk
Level 8
U.2 (SFF-8639) is more of an enterprise standard, so it is probably unlikely to be included in a major way in consumer boards. ASUS has included the Hyper Kit in the Sabertooth board that is an M.2 card with a mini-SAS HD connector on it that supports SFF-8639. That would be your best bet at getting that sort of connectivity in the near future.

While the consumer side may in the future adopt the U.2 interface, I could just as easily (if not easier) see the enterprise customers adopting M.2 even faster to have higher density servers.

Vlada011
Level 10
I didn't saw Impact for Z170 still. No little board among Z170.
Ranger, Gene, Hero and Extreme.

Boards are Black, Perfect...
I only have question where is our (X99) Black ROG board???:mad:

Glad to see the Extreme back again!!

Like the Darkside mobos

Vlada011 wrote:
I didn't saw Impact for Z170 still. No little board among Z170.
Ranger, Gene, Hero and Extreme.

Boards are Black, Perfect...
I only have question where is our (X99) Black ROG board???:mad:

That probably is not everything for ROG and their Z170 boards, so don't get too bent out of shape just yet. 7th August(roughly) is when the boards will be announced.

Oh and don't get upset over no X99 black edition, X99 is nowhere near EOL just yet. IF ROG follows on from the RIIIE Black and the RIV Black, we will see it when X99 is almost done...there is no guarantee though.

Vlada011
Level 10
Never mind.
I bought Rampage 5 Extreme today...
Tomorrow or in Monday I will build X99.
Box is heavy for one motherboard, probably because shield and OC Panel.

You just bought the best motherboard made.Enjoy