cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coolermaster Nepton 240m with Y-cable for Fan's

From0toHero
Level 7
I did build my own system on the basis of the rampage extreme v. After i completed the installation of the mainboard i connected the Nepton Watercooler. The Pump is connected to CPU opt. and the two fans are connected with the y-cable to the CPU Fan header. My Question is now is it safe to use the y-cable to connect the two fans on one header? Or is this risky?
Thanx for any help
6 REPLIES 6

Chino
Level 15

Onimax
Level 8
Like Chino said 1A total for the fans (or 12W) is safe to use.
However you would perhaps not want to connect both pump and fans to the CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT header as both are controlled by the CPU_FAN header.
Meaning that either your fans dictate the pumps rpm or the other way round.

Imho it's best to connect the pump or (exclusive) fans on a chassis header so that you can control pump and fan rpm independently.

The PSu came with a little button that you can attach to the back of your case. This Button, from what i understand, can switch between single rail and multi rail
Config in the PSU. I forgott to mention, the PSU is the dark power pro 11 from be-quiet. The switch have two positions. One is on and the other offcourse is off. Now on witch position should i leave it when i dont plane to overclock? As i understand it should be left on off. That means no light comming from the switch right?

From0toHero
Level 7
Well i can controll both CPU Fans with the Software that came with the Mobo, only the pump is kind of fixed between 2200rpm and 2450rpm. But i was thinking the pump should always be on max.rpm.
The temp never goes above 41 degrees when used 100%. In idle its 32degrees sometimes also 31degrees.
The only thing giving me some headache is a strange sound comming from the front of my case. It sounds like a brumming in a very low tone. it seems comming from the front of the case. I give my spec. Maybe somebody have the same issue. When i turn the rpm upwards from the fan controller of the case (frontfan) it seems the sound gets less. Very strange.
Asus Rampage Extreme V mobo
Intel 5930k processor
Asus 980GTX poseidon
Be-Quiet dark power pro 11 (1000W)
Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Case
Samsung 850 EVO 500 gigs
Asus Blue-Ray reader and Dvd Burner
32gigs of Kingston Hyper X ddr-4 (two 16gigs Kit)
Coolermaster Nepton 240m Watercooler.

Chino
Level 15
The sound can be coming from one of your case fans. See if you can pinpoint which one. Regarding the single or multi rail mode for the Be Quiet! PSU, you can leave it on single rail for normal usage.

From0toHero
Level 7
I looked which fan it is. Its comming from the front fan im guessing. When i turn it to full power the sounds dissapear almost.