cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG GL551JW-DS74 - Yellow Tint on Screen

clickokplease
Level 7
I bought a ASUS ROG GL551JW-DS74 yesterday. I like everything about the laptop except the color of the screen. I feel it has a slight
yellow/red tint. I changed the mode to Normal in ASUS Splendid Utility. As it did not remove the tint, I uninstalled splendid, but I still see the tint. Has anyone else see this issue with this laptop? Any solutions?

I have attached some pictures. The difference may not be clearly visible due to low light. I can post better pictures in the morning.

Old Laptop - Left
ASUS - Right

ASUS
Old Laptop

ASUS
Old Laptop
4 REPLIES 4

joshindaphils
Level 11
Hard to tell as cameras can do funny things with the colors. If I were to guess I would say your old laptop has cool (as in color temperature) colors... and your new laptop runs a bit warm on the spectrum. Look for an icc profile that may cool down your new lappy.

I will say though if your old laptop looks anything like the pics the color is pure rubbish, there are crazy amounts of extra blue in those photos. The gold ZenFone almost looks silver, the grey one looks dark blue and steam is totally blown out with all the blue.

Again *just* going off the photos which is a bad way to judge... the the 551 is way closer to how things should look.

"Look for an icc profile that may cool down your new lappy" - how do I do this?

ROGTWAT
Level 7
I agree, the old laptop looks to cool rather than the new one being too yellow. It took me some time to adapt to this too but I actually really like the warmth now.
ASUS G751JY | i7-4720HQ | GTX 980M | 16GB RAM | M.2 SSD + HDD | WIN 10

ROGTWAT wrote:
I agree, the old laptop looks to cool rather than the new one being too yellow. It took me some time to adapt to this too but I actually really like the warmth now.

Agreed back at ya, if the screens are similar in temperature / quality between the GL551 and G751 (I've the 751 as well) it runs a touch warm. I like cooler colors for the whiter looking whites but the slight tilt towards warm is not enough for me to go looking to correct it, the colors are solid out of the box (after pulling splendid).