ROG Enthusiast Array rcarlos243 PC Specs
    rcarlos243 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G751JT
    MotherboardGigabyte X99 SOC-FORCE
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 5820k @4.5Ghz 1.28vcore
    Memory (part number)16GB DDR4 2666 CL13 Quad Channel
    Graphics Card #1R9 290 4GB @1150 core w/ Corsair H105 + 2x Gentle Typhoon AP15
    Sound CardFiiO E17 USB AMP/DAC
    MonitorBenQ XL2420z 1080p 144Hz
    Storage #1256GB Samsung SM951 NVMe M.2
    Storage #2960GB Crucial M500
    CPU CoolerEK Supremacy Evo, 360mm HWLabs Black Ice GTX, 360mm Swiftech MCRX20-QP, Swiftech MCP655, 6x AP15's
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Pro
    Power SupplySeasonic SS-600XP2 80 Plus Platinum
    Keyboard Logitech G710+ Cherry MX Brown
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Philips Fidelio X2
    Mouse Pad Razr HardMatt
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterNetgear Nighthawk X6 R8000

Question [HELP] Asus G751JM-BHI7T25 [BIOS, Drivers and G-Sync).

I just purchased an Asus G751JM-BHI7T25 (Touchscreen bestbuy exclusive) and I want to reformat it but I cannot find where to download the utility, driver and BIOS for this laptop.

On the Asus website for Asus G751, it is advertised for having G-Sync but I don't know how to enable it.

And lastly I want to disable the intel onboard graphics but I don't see any option to choose iGPU or dGPU in the BIOS setting (like in Alienware M17x r3).

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

cant disable cause optimus!?

You can get software from here:
    https://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultra...Desk_Download/

The G-SYNC will be available in newer models that specifically say they have it enabled. The community is working on making it work (gamenab is, specifically) since we're probably not gonna get any support from ASUS, at least not officially, for the older models that we have. It's not a hardware difference, though, entirely software-based, so you'll get it one way or the other. The same situation currently exists with MSI, Clevo/Schenker and Gigabyte. They want us to pay more for the G-SYNC enabled models most probably because of licensing.

You can't disable the iGPU in these machines. In fact it's quite rare that you can. The option is usually included in the BIOS but you'd have to hack it open and flash the BIOS with your custom version to make the menu item show up. It's usually not allowed to do this for a reason (hardware-based restrictions) and most of the time (as in my old N61Ja) it won't work either way.

Personally, I would have avoided Optimus-enabled laptops as a whole.

If you're still sure you wanna keep your G751 after these, we can help you out with any other questions you may have...pretty much everything has been discussed on these forums.

Also the touchscreen models are hardly exclusive, much less to BestBuy...
    Last edited by Edweird; 07-01-2015 at 11:03 AM.

Hah, well, I see you've already found your way to our french friend The G751 series are solid machines hardware-wise. There's a billion gimmicks - the macro/quick buttons, the FN+Key setup for numlock, the red keyboard backlight and it's low intensity, 4GB of memory for the GU instead of 8GB, non-user accessible RAM slots under the keyboard, weird practices with leaving the M.2 slot out...tons of stuff. But it's STILL worth getting. The build quality on mine is exceptional.

EDIT: Ah, crud, I forgot - Optimus models are probably not gonna be able to support G-SYNC. Just probably. There's still time to return the JM and get a JY, though.
    Last edited by Edweird; 07-01-2015 at 11:45 PM.