cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[HELP] Asus G751JM-BHI7T25 [BIOS, Drivers and G-Sync).

rcarlos243
Level 7
I just purchased an Asus G751JM-BHI7T25 (Touchscreen bestbuy exclusive) and I want to reformat it but I cannot find where to download the utility, driver and BIOS for this laptop.

On the Asus website for Asus G751, it is advertised for having G-Sync but I don't know how to enable it.

And lastly I want to disable the intel onboard graphics but I don't see any option to choose iGPU or dGPU in the BIOS setting (like in Alienware M17x r3).
3 REPLIES 3

warryabel
Level 7
cant disable cause optimus!?

Edweird
Level 10
You can get software from here:
https://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ROG_G751JM/HelpDesk_Download/

The G-SYNC will be available in newer models that specifically say they have it enabled. The community is working on making it work (gamenab is, specifically) since we're probably not gonna get any support from ASUS, at least not officially, for the older models that we have. It's not a hardware difference, though, entirely software-based, so you'll get it one way or the other. The same situation currently exists with MSI, Clevo/Schenker and Gigabyte. They want us to pay more for the G-SYNC enabled models most probably because of licensing.

You can't disable the iGPU in these machines. In fact it's quite rare that you can. The option is usually included in the BIOS but you'd have to hack it open and flash the BIOS with your custom version to make the menu item show up. It's usually not allowed to do this for a reason (hardware-based restrictions) and most of the time (as in my old N61Ja) it won't work either way.

Personally, I would have avoided Optimus-enabled laptops as a whole.

If you're still sure you wanna keep your G751 after these, we can help you out with any other questions you may have...pretty much everything has been discussed on these forums.

Also the touchscreen models are hardly exclusive, much less to BestBuy...

Edweird
Level 10
Hah, well, I see you've already found your way to our french friend 😉 The G751 series are solid machines hardware-wise. There's a billion gimmicks - the macro/quick buttons, the FN+Key setup for numlock, the red keyboard backlight and it's low intensity, 4GB of memory for the GU instead of 8GB, non-user accessible RAM slots under the keyboard, weird practices with leaving the M.2 slot out...tons of stuff. But it's STILL worth getting. The build quality on mine is exceptional.

EDIT: Ah, crud, I forgot - Optimus models are probably not gonna be able to support G-SYNC. Just probably. There's still time to return the JM and get a JY, though.