cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My RMA Experience with Asus

David536
Level 7
Hey all,

I've read a number of various different posts regarding the RMA process with Asus. I just wanted to share my experiences with you all in case you are on the ledge about it.

My issue was the my hinge broke and snapped the lower portion of the bezel in half. Essentially, my screen was safe but the lid could not close all the way and the plastic was torn away exposing the heavy wires.

I love my Asus Laptop, I have the G550JK and its great. Some of the plastic pieces are a bit cheap, but overall I love it. I read into the RMA Process (as Ive had my laptop for around 5-6 months) and started seeing a lot of negative posts about Asus RMA. I read so many that I even began contemplating just paying someone local to do the replacement work. After speaking with such great support lines on various different websites and here (thanks Albert!) I decided to give it a shot.

I sent my laptop out on Wednesday and by Friday FedEX already received the shipping invoice. I received my laptop yesterday , it was surprisingly quick. Everything is perfect. I have my baby back and it looks like they replaced the entire casing. Since the bezel/hinge was the only thing that was destroyed..I thought it was weird that they decided to wipe my entire hard drive. This is really my only complaint.

So how was my experience? Awesome. They shipped it fast, quick and professionally. My laptop is like new! (Literally because of the h.d wipe!). I'm just lucky im one of those people who don't put anything too serious on their workstations. I lost a few resume edits and a creative story I was writing but..I can always re-type it. Anyways, short and sweet. I wanted to post this because I read through soo many horror stories. I hope this paints a better light and helps anyone in their decision on the RMA process.

On a side note, I did have some pretty bad customer/phone support but once I got through that it was smooth! 😛
6 REPLIES 6

Ntwlf
Level 12
Hi David536, and Welcome to ASUS ROG

Thank You for sharing your experience with ASUS Support and RMA Service.

So many people are quick to complain about their experience, but so few have anything to say when all is well.

If more people shared their positive experiences, it wouldn't seem so taboo, as well as not having preconceived negative expectations when contacting support, setting the stage for a potential negative experience.

Support staff are people just like you and I, and it feels good to hear someone say they are Happy, or a Thank You with what they have received.

sk2play
Level 13
+ 1 ...................... :rolleyes:
Corsair 500R Case, H110 Hydro, 1200AX PSU, Asus Maximus Hero VI MB, Intel 4770K CPU, Gigabyte GPU GV-N98TWF3OC-6GD, G-Skill Trident 2400MHz 32GB, Crucial M500 960GB SSD, Seagate 6TB HDD x2, Creative SBZ to Denon AVR-4311ci - Infinity Primus 5.1 w/Klipsch Sub XW-300d, HP ZR30w 30" S-IPS LCD, W10 64bit

xeromist
Thanks for sharing!
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

chrsplmr
Level 18
Welcome to ROG ...

aaahhhhhhhh .. It does exist. I knew it.
Thank You for taking a moment to say so. .c.

Hey X .. how be ye brother?

xeromist
Same same. Just finished rebuilding my home router so I'm happy that's all done and out of the way so I can get back to gaming. 😄
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

InfernoStorm
Level 10
Awesome! Thanks for sharing! 😄