cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VX and GTA V freezing after 20 minutes

DanDyHype
Level 7
I recently bought a used G75VX, it works great except for the fact that I can't play GTA V for more than 20 minutes on it and the freezes begin. I'm not sure if I have a faulty GPU or what, I'm going to describe the symptoms the best as I can.

Playing GTA V, the settings don't matter because I tried playing at 800x600 lowest settings and I still get these freezes, in fact the more FPS i get, the faster the freezes begin, with the geforce experience recommended settings @30FPS w/VSync I can play for about 15-20 minutes (In single player campaign longer, about 30 minutes, idk why it matters), my temperatures are fine as you can see in the video below.
I haven't found a game that does this bad, I tried Shadow of Mordor and Borderlands 2 and they work perfectly fine, I can even OC the GPU to 735 and everything works stable for the most part. Sometimes while playing BL2 the GPU will underclock itself to 324 and I have to restart the laptop , idk what's up with that. The only other game i do have freezes is Metro:Last Light but they are nowhere near as bad , they occur about 6 times per minute in the form of a 100ms buzzz sound, similar to that of a BSOD. Sometimes these buzzz's carry on out of game, after I close M:LS watching a youtube video or a movie, i get these sound like it's about to BSOD.

So what could this be from? Do i have a faulty GPU? I have my latest drivers installed/reinstalled, I plan on reinstalling windows next monday see if that solves the problem.

0 REPLIES 0