cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG278Q ROG Swift missing refresh rates and non-functional Turbo button

8um8lebee
Level 7
Hi guys, I just got this monitor and I'm having some problems with the settings.

In nVidia control panel under resolution settings with the drop down box of refresh rates I only see 35Hz, 60Hz, and 85Hz options. I thought this monitor is supposed to have 60Hz, 85Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, and 144Hz as the possible options. I don't even know where that 35hz option comes from...

I'm running a GTX 580 with latest nVidia driver ver 353.30. I'm using the display port cable that came with the monitor, and installed the driver from the DVD that came with the monitor.

Another problem is that the Turbo button doesn't toggle the refresh rates. It's just stuck on one rate no matter how many times I push the button. I have to select a refresh rate from the control panel. If I select 60Hz, the Turbo button will always stay on 60Hz. If I select 85Hz from the control panel, the Turbo button stays on that rate etc.

Is there some setting somewhere I am missing? Any help greatly appreciated!
3 REPLIES 3

emich
Level 7
Started happening to me yesterday too.

OLIMOPA
Level 7
Same here, might have something to do with the new drivers....

Volt
Level 9
8um8lebee wrote:
Hi guys, I just got this monitor and I'm having some problems with the settings.

In nVidia control panel under resolution settings with the drop down box of refresh rates I only see 35Hz, 60Hz, and 85Hz options. I thought this monitor is supposed to have 60Hz, 85Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, and 144Hz as the possible options. I don't even know where that 35hz option comes from...

I'm running a GTX 580 with latest nVidia driver ver 353.30. I'm using the display port cable that came with the monitor, and installed the driver from the DVD that came with the monitor.

Another problem is that the Turbo button doesn't toggle the refresh rates. It's just stuck on one rate no matter how many times I push the button. I have to select a refresh rate from the control panel. If I select 60Hz, the Turbo button will always stay on 60Hz. If I select 85Hz from the control panel, the Turbo button stays on that rate etc.

Is there some setting somewhere I am missing? Any help greatly appreciated!

Have you tried getting all the drivers and files, related to the monitor, off the internet? So that you aren't using anything that came in the box. Besides the cables and monitor.

I got my monitor in November. I think I tried using the DVD's files that came with it. The drivers. The GeForce experience software. And I think some .inf file. I sort of recall some odd problems with my Win 8.1 identifying it as a generic 27" monitor. There may have been additional issues with not having different choices for screen resolution. So wihtin a day or so, I replaced them all with newer drivers, newer version of GeForce experience, and an undated .inf file, and then the monitor showed up correctly on my Contorl Panel.

I don't recall ever having the Turbo button not working with changing the monitor's refresh between; 60, 120, and 144.