New ROGer Array

PG278Q ROG Swift missing refresh rates and non-functional Turbo button

Hi guys, I just got this monitor and I'm having some problems with the settings.

In nVidia control panel under resolution settings with the drop down box of refresh rates I only see 35Hz, 60Hz, and 85Hz options. I thought this monitor is supposed to have 60Hz, 85Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, and 144Hz as the possible options. I don't even know where that 35hz option comes from...

I'm running a GTX 580 with latest nVidia driver ver 353.30. I'm using the display port cable that came with the monitor, and installed the driver from the DVD that came with the monitor.

Another problem is that the Turbo button doesn't toggle the refresh rates. It's just stuck on one rate no matter how many times I push the button. I have to select a refresh rate from the control panel. If I select 60Hz, the Turbo button will always stay on 60Hz. If I select 85Hz from the control panel, the Turbo button stays on that rate etc.

Is there some setting somewhere I am missing? Any help greatly appreciated!

New ROGer Array

Started happening to me yesterday too.

ROG Enthusiast Array OLIMOPA PC Specs
    OLIMOPA PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rampage IV Black Edition
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 3930K (OC 4.5 GHz)
    Memory (part number)Corsair Platninum DDR3 64GB PC 2133 CL9 (8x8GB) DOMINATOR
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX GTX 980 Ti DirectCU III OC 6GB GAMING
    Graphics Card #2ASUS STRIX GTX 980 Ti DirectCU III OC 6GB GAMING
    Sound CardASUS Xonar Essence STX (PCI-E)
    Monitor3x Asus Rog Swift PG278Q
    Storage #12x Samsung 840 Pro Series SSD 256GB (Raid 0)
    Storage #2WD 10TB + WD 4 TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro H100
    CaseCorsair 800D
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200i
    Keyboard Cherry MX Board 6.0
    Mouse Zowie EC2-A
    Headset QPAD-QH 1339
    Mouse Pad Corepad gamersgear
    Headset/Speakers Qpad 1339
    OS Windows 10
    Accessory #1 Microphone : Blue Yeti X

Same here, might have something to do with the new drivers....

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Volt PC Specs
    Volt PC Specs
    MotherboardGIGABYTE G1.Sniper Z97 ATX
    Processori7-4790K 4.0 GHz
    Memory (part number)ADATA 32GB (8GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1nVidia Gefroce GTX 1080 w/8 GB
    Sound CardMotherboard G1 - Creative Sound Core3D
    MonitorASUS Rog PG348Q Swift
    Storage #1250 GB Samsung 850 Pro
    Storage #22TB Western Digital Caviar Black SATA-III
    CPU CoolerAsetek 550LC 120mm Liquid Cooling
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 750D
    Keyboard Corsair K70 STRAFE
    Mouse Logitech Pro
    OS Win 10
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC88U

Quote Originally Posted by 8um8lebee View Post
    Hi guys, I just got this monitor and I'm having some problems with the settings.

In nVidia control panel under resolution settings with the drop down box of refresh rates I only see 35Hz, 60Hz, and 85Hz options. I thought this monitor is supposed to have 60Hz, 85Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, and 144Hz as the possible options. I don't even know where that 35hz option comes from...

I'm running a GTX 580 with latest nVidia driver ver 353.30. I'm using the display port cable that came with the monitor, and installed the driver from the DVD that came with the monitor.

Another problem is that the Turbo button doesn't toggle the refresh rates. It's just stuck on one rate no matter how many times I push the button. I have to select a refresh rate from the control panel. If I select 60Hz, the Turbo button will always stay on 60Hz. If I select 85Hz from the control panel, the Turbo button stays on that rate etc.

Is there some setting somewhere I am missing? Any help greatly appreciated!
    Have you tried getting all the drivers and files, related to the monitor, off the internet? So that you aren't using anything that came in the box. Besides the cables and monitor.

I got my monitor in November. I think I tried using the DVD's files that came with it. The drivers. The GeForce experience software. And I think some .inf file. I sort of recall some odd problems with my Win 8.1 identifying it as a generic 27" monitor. There may have been additional issues with not having different choices for screen resolution. So wihtin a day or so, I replaced them all with newer drivers, newer version of GeForce experience, and an undated .inf file, and then the monitor showed up correctly on my Contorl Panel.

I don't recall ever having the Turbo button not working with changing the monitor's refresh between; 60, 120, and 144.