cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung SM951 512MB AHCI M.2 vs PCIE Adapter Card

Menthol
Level 14
I just removed my Samsung SM951 from the M.2 slot on my RVE and placed it on a Addonics pcie 3.0x4 adapter card for a quick comparison, I only ran one benchamrk to see if there is any noticeable difference
My Win 8.1 install is several months old know with all windows updates, all programs and games I use, very minor OS tweaks, i use this daily, when I first installed the drive the numbers were a little higher

In M.2 Slot

Installed in the adapter card specified above

I could run multiple benchmarks, multiple times and take averages but I don't see the point. I am know going to shut down, remove the drive from the adapter and re-install on the motherboard, I don't see any point in taking the time for any more tests like this unless someone has any specific questions they would like answered, it's time to do a little gaming
1 REPLY 1

vmanuelgm
Level 11
Menthol wrote:
I just removed my Samsung SM951 from the M.2 slot on my RVE and placed it on a Addonics pcie 3.0x4 adapter card for a quick comparison, I only ran one benchamrk to see if there is any noticeable difference
My Win 8.1 install is several months old know with all windows updates, all programs and games I use, very minor OS tweaks, i use this daily, when I first installed the drive the numbers were a little higher

In M.2 Slot

Installed in the adapter card specified above

I could run multiple benchmarks, multiple times and take averages but I don't see the point. I am know going to shut down, remove the drive from the adapter and re-install on the motherboard, I don't see any point in taking the time for any more tests like this unless someone has any specific questions they would like answered, it's time to do a little gaming

Hi again, Menthol.

So in your case the results are equal.

But in the case of 256GB SM951, seems that hyperkit or similar makes better speaking of sequential read...

Thanks for your post!!!
Asus x670e Hero, 7950x, TG 7000, Master 4090, 970 PRO, 860 EVO, Intel 750,
SN850, SN750, 840 Pro, 2xSkyhawk 4TB, Pioneer S12U
EVGA T2 1600, Silverstone TJ11, Custom LC, Acer Predator x35, Philips OLED