cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751, Win 8, And Logitech Gaming Software Not Playine well anyone?

CrowsRevenge
Level 7
I felt the need to buy a decent mouse for my G751 so I sprung for a G501 Gaming Mouse. Overall a very decent Mouse except for the small fact that every time I try to install the Gaming Software it gets to Step 4 and forces a reboot of the computer. Every Single Time. Have tried every solution I can find. Got a direct download link to Windows 8 64 bit. Made sure 3.5 was ticked. Anyone have this issue and find a fix?
8 REPLIES 8

Korth
Level 14
Run the LGS setup as administrator?
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

CrowsRevenge
Level 7
Yea tried that. Verified its a rog issue. Just ran an install on my gf's MSI GT72. Am at the point I'm considering just moving the folder from her comp to mine. Bought the only thing left I can think of try. For some reason the installer and Rog just don't want to match up. Will Try one last time though.

BigDRim
Level 7
It works fine on my G751JT. Downloaded from http://support.logitech.com/software/gaming-software (64bit)

You should try the installation without any logitech gaming harware plugged in.

CrowsRevenge
Level 7
I Tried that. Eventually just Got the program moved over to my computer from girlfriends computer through hard drives. Was never able to actually download. But hey it works.

2menijulia
Level 7
ok so looks like this thread is for those using the LGS... anybody of you have issues on auto game detection? using onboard memory..macro works...only issue is dpi usually resetting on restart.. but on auto game detection.. it wont detect macros... any work around (if you also experience this)

i use g700s

Korth
Level 14
On my X99/R5E system, LGS interrupted me a few hours into my work by hijacking focus and demanding I update my G502 mouse firmware. I clicked okay, then disconnected my mouse (as instructed), then plugged it back in, waited a few seconds, and found myself updated (with some new breathing/pulsing mouse LED effects!) a few seconds later.

Later, I plugged the same mouse into a non-ROG X99 system. LGS instantly made me update the G502 firmware again, but this time it rolled back to an earlier revision (and took away my pretty new mouse LED options, sigh).

I've since learned that each of these two machines wants to "update" the mouse whenever I swap it between them (and Logitech's fancy LED effects are only offered on the ROG platform, lol, even though the mouse itself stores and continues to run the last settings until "updated" again). Both machines run exactly the same WinOS and LGS versions, installed from the same archived image, and they automatically self-update every morning. In fact, I frequently swap the system drives between these two machines.

Logitech has assured me several times that their LGS firmware updates will never retrograde to an older firmware revision (unless very deliberately reconfigured for this purpose), they more or less accused me of being confused, delusional, incompetent, or a liar (though in not those words) when I persistently requested a fix for this never-resolved and easily-reproduced issue.

I'm not sure if this LGS G502 quirk has anything to do with ROG or not. I only know that one of my two machines has a ROG motherboard, the other machine is nearly identical aside from the non-ROG motherboard, and I have no explanation for this mysterious behaviour. Can you get your G502 and LGS to work properly on another machine?
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
On my X99/R5E system, LGS interrupted me a few hours into my work by hijacking focus and demanding I update my G502 mouse firmware. I clicked okay, then disconnected my mouse (as instructed), then plugged it back in, waited a few seconds, and found myself updated (with some new breathing/pulsing mouse LED effects!) a few seconds later.

Later, I plugged the same mouse into a non-ROG X99 system. LGS instantly made me update the G502 firmware again, but this time it rolled back to an earlier revision (and took away my pretty new mouse LED options, sigh).

I've since learned that each of these two machines wants to "update" the mouse whenever I swap it between them (and Logitech's fancy LED effects are only offered on the ROG platform, lol, even though the mouse itself stores and continues to run the last settings until "updated" again). Both machines run exactly the same WinOS and LGS versions, installed from the same archived image, and they automatically self-update every morning. In fact, I frequently swap the system drives between these two machines.

Logitech has assured me several times that their LGS firmware updates will never retrograde to an older firmware revision (unless very deliberately reconfigured for this purpose), they more or less accused me of being confused, delusional, incompetent, or a liar (though in not those words) when I persistently requested a fix for this never-resolved and easily-reproduced issue.

I'm not sure if this LGS G502 quirk has anything to do with ROG or not. I only know that one of my two machines has a ROG motherboard, the other machine is nearly identical aside from the non-ROG motherboard, and I have no explanation for this mysterious behaviour. Can you get your G502 and LGS to work properly on another machine?

Yes. It works perfectly on my girlfriends MSI laptop. That machine has close the specs of the 970m ROG. Only way i was able to install was copying her file, moving to a hard drive, then transferring. For some reason My ROG and LGS do not play well at all when it comes to downloading.

x7007
Level 7
I haven't had a single issue with the Rog system, but I reinstalled windows 8.1 pro and not using their system. I have LGS installed on my G751JT. and I updated it's firmware the first time I connected it.