cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Titan x matrix version ?

shivgounder
Level 7
Can we expect a MATRIX version of TITAN X when other companies like EVGA , INNO3D have already come out with their OC versions. How much longer should we wait .
9 REPLIES 9

DeXZoR
Level 10
Hello so far a lot of ppl are w8 for the 980 TI Matrix version but so far no info on it , think its the same whed the TITAN X card dont think it whel be a Matrix Titan x thoe mor like to be a MARS card maby The 980TI Strix is the card thay are Showing off whed right now

Chino
Level 15
shivgounder wrote:
Can we expect a MATRIX version of TITAN X when other companies like EVGA , INNO3D have already come out with their OC versions. How much longer should we wait .

No.

Korth
Level 14
I think a Matrix 980Ti will happen. Matrix and Poseidon always seem to follow Strix. No Strix TitanX means no Matrix TitanX.

980Ti is less niche, has very similar real gaming fps/performance, is more readily available and costs much less.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
I think a Matrix 980Ti will happen. Matrix and Poseidon always seem to follow Strix. No Strix TitanX means no Matrix TitanX.

980Ti is less niche, has very similar real gaming fps/performance, is more readily available and costs much less.

Currently, there are no plans for a Matrix variant of the GTX 980 Ti. But who knows. Maybe that will change later on. Life is full of surprises after all. 😛

i have decided to go with 2 980 gold cards. I believe that I will get a better performance than 980ti. Any suggestions . Any better ideas also welcome. Thanks in advance to everybody for their valuable suggestions.

Korth
Level 14
GTX980Ti is roughly 150% performance and price of GTX980, so 2-SLI 980Ti is roughly the same performance and price as 3-SLI 980. Except that the 2-SLI would be better because it makes better use of PCIe 3.0 lanes, puts a lot less load on your PSU and mobo, would be easier to cool, and might be easier to fit into your mobo and chassis.

So I would buy one 980Ti now instead of a 980. And get a second one later, if needed.

But we've been anticipating NV Pascal cards and AMD R9-3xx cards for a while, lots of new cards with new GPU chipsets and exciting memory are expected to rollout Q2/2015 to Q1/2016. If you're looking to buy the best then it's probably worth waiting so you don't get stuck with a lesser card and a bit of buyer's regret for the next couple years. And faster factory overclocks are always evolving, you'll never catch up unless you replace your GPU card(s) every few months or deliberately buy an older GPU model - a Matrix 980Ti may or may not ever exist, but nonreference 980Ti and TitanX cards clocked better than the fastest available today are sure to appear. Don't worry about it too much, consider that the very fastest last-generation GTX980 cards (the 1304/1418MHz EVGA Kingpin and Galax HOF) are overclocked only 15% faster over reference. While many people successfully overclock reference GTX980 cards to similar or faster speeds.

If you just need a "decent" high-end card now and can wait to get an "ultimate" card a season or two down the road, then just buy yourself a reference 980 - the Asus GTX980-4GD5 and PNY VCGGTX980-4XPB-CG are both consistently strong overclockers, largely because they're 165W cards shipped with reference NVTTM coolers originally designed for 250W cards. Or, unless you specifically need G-Sync or some other NVidia technology, CrossFire a pair of R9-280X/285 cards. Sure, these cards are all outperformed by today's newest ultra-enthusiast cards (which will in turn be outperformed by next month's newest ultra-enthusiast cards), but they're still mighty beasts and they will retain most of their resale value over the next year.

But what are your system specs, what games do you plan to play, and at what display resolutions? You won't really need a 2-SLI GTX980 setup unless you'll play heavy games at 4K or across multiple displays, and you won't really need anything better than a GTX960 or R9-270 if you just play stuff like WoW.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Vlada011
Level 10
GTX980 is best graphic card every... I mean best for NVIDIA, because they success to sell mid range chip for premium price.
Lot of custom models help them in that. ASUS offer Strix, Poseidon, Matrix, Matrix gold. GTX980 work on 60C with reference cooler and why she need Poseidon with some little overclock.
But now when NVIDIA offer high end chip with 250W power consumption ASUS have two models, one reference and Strix.
It's logic to offer Poseidon now when 980Ti reach 85C under full load with reference blower.
Now they show Matrix for 20th Anniversary and Poseidon to cool down this beast with same performance as TITAN X.

As Chino said life is full of surprises. Korth thanks for the suggestion. Iwill keep in mind.

shivgounder
Level 7
Just as I was going to order gtx980 , ASUS ups the game and releases two more versions of gtx980ti. Now the confusion grows. Why only two fans for the matrix & gold versions. Any ideas.