cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Z97-A BOOT_DEVICE_LED

mariolino
Level 7
Hi,

I've got a new Z97 A (~ 2 months) and twice in the last 2 weeks it has not been able to boot.

Basically the Asus logo appears on screen (with "press F2 or DEL to enter BIOS") but nothing else happens.
Pressing DEL or F2 has no effect.

BOOT_DEVICE_LED is activated and stays up. Fan are spinning. I have no speaker on case.

I then try to reboot, nothing
remove 1st SATA, nothing
remove 2nd (and last) SATA, nothing
reboot once or twice more, then finally BIOS appears
then I can poweroff and reattach everything.

System is i5-4460, 8+8GB HyperX Fury 1866, Samsung 250 EVO 850, Hitachi mechanical disk.

BIOS is Optimised Defaults + Intel Virtualisation + Disable Fast Boot + UEFI Other OS

When it happened 1st time, BIOS was 2205, then upgraded to 2401 and happened again.

Now, Asus tells me to do a CMOS reset, remove battery etc..., otherwise to go for RMA where I bought it.
How can I get a RMA if it happens every 10 days or more ...

Read about other people with same issue, but nobody has understood what is the cause.
Start thinking it was not a good choice.

Anything else I could do?
1 REPLY 1

carlosriosness
Level 7
you ever get an answer. i am setting up a z97-pro. i cant get into the bios. i cant get passed the splash screen that days delete or f2.

i tried restarting multitple times. reset cmos. tried with blank ssd, with win10 usb installer. without either. with just 1 or the other. or both. i cant get it to recognize any bootable device or into the bios!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
IX Formula and Z390i