cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JX fried mainboard need to be replaced

Kantm
Level 7
Hi all,

So my beloved g750jx is fried the other day, the mainboard and cpu is done for. I brought to a friend's PC repair service and he managed to save the mainboard (some mosfet are fried, said him) but still, there's nothing he can do bout the CPU. And luck doesn't agree with me when the CPU is soldered into the board ...

I didn't bring it to ASUS service since I bought it from Singapore, so Asus here doesn't cover the full 2 yr, only 1... and even if they do, i wont. Since Asus service in here is renowned with killing healthy parts, change parts, late, expensive and ****s ...

So, new board it is. I live in Vietnam, next to china where these parts are made, but I can only find the JW mainboard version going from 300+ / pcs on aliexpress ...

There are a couple version of it i could find with different part number:
60NB00M0-MB4060
69N0P4M13E02P
60NB0180-MB4020
60NB04J0-MB1400
60NB04J0-MB1130

The seller in aliexpress told me that the JX version have 3D, but i hv a JX without 3D ... idk which one to get now ... so confused .I wonder if I can use it for my laptop? If I do, will the bios recognize the gpu 770m? If it doesnt, i have no clue how to flash the bios, in bios itself like pc? ...

Also while i'm at it, i rly hate the matte screen of this laptop, it can't display grey well... and usually have this small flickering on the grey-ish place... can i somehow change it to a glossy one? any chance? I heard that the connector are different, so its not just the screen itself...

Thank you so much guys, for your help, in advance.

Cheers.
2 REPLIES 2

Darnassus
Status Under Review
I believe if you get the 3D motherboard, everything except the screen will slot back into place. There's a different port that the screen plugs to entirely if you get a 3D board, so.. if you do that, you may need to change the screen too. Check these pics.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/d346b3267646554
http://www.imagebam.com/image/b82422267646754

The above is the standard 2D board, with no 3D port.

Do more research, this is all I know but I cannot say for certain that it'll work. If you have no other choice though... then, new board and screen it is.

code9523
Level 9
Kantm wrote:
Hi all,

So my beloved g750jx is fried the other day, the mainboard and cpu is done for. I brought to a friend's PC repair service and he managed to save the mainboard (some mosfet are fried, said him) but still, there's nothing he can do bout the CPU. And luck doesn't agree with me when the CPU is soldered into the board ...

I didn't bring it to ASUS service since I bought it from Singapore, so Asus here doesn't cover the full 2 yr, only 1... and even if they do, i wont. Since Asus service in here is renowned with killing healthy parts, change parts, late, expensive and ****s ...

So, new board it is. I live in Vietnam, next to china where these parts are made, but I can only find the JW mainboard version going from 300+ / pcs on aliexpress ...

There are a couple version of it i could find with different part number:
60NB00M0-MB4060
69N0P4M13E02P
60NB0180-MB4020
60NB04J0-MB1400
60NB04J0-MB1130

The seller in aliexpress told me that the JX version have 3D, but i hv a JX without 3D ... idk which one to get now ... so confused .I wonder if I can use it for my laptop? If I do, will the bios recognize the gpu 770m? If it doesnt, i have no clue how to flash the bios, in bios itself like pc? ...

Also while i'm at it, i rly hate the matte screen of this laptop, it can't display grey well... and usually have this small flickering on the grey-ish place... can i somehow change it to a glossy one? any chance? I heard that the connector are different, so its not just the screen itself...

Thank you so much guys, for your help, in advance.

Cheers.

BULL ****! JW JX and JH board are same but only diff is that jh model was 3D and 2D but it differ with lcd connector also there is a lable 3d or 2d so if you had not 3d board you can simply order 2d board from jw or jh and flash bios and be fine!
Asus G74SX> Asus G55VW 3D> Asus G75VW 3D> Asus G750JW> Asus G750JX> Asus G750JH