cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair V Formula-Z switched off and won't boot.

Sean-S13
Level 7
Hello, today I was playing CSGO and streaming on twitch. Had only been playing for about ten mins then my PC switched off without any warning. I then tried to start it but nothing happens. The motherboard lights are still on apart from the Q code led's. I was running at 4.8ghz can't remember exact settings but I had them set for awhile and used it like this for months. I have tried another power supply, cpu cooler and different ram to
Eliminate those from the problem. I don't have another cpu to try as friends use intel.

My PC specs are
Amd fx-8350
Corsair h100i cpu cooler
Corsair vengeance 2133 ddr3 ram
Sea gate 1tb sshd storage
Samsung pro 240gb ssd for the os and main games
Evga gtx 980ti gfx card
Corsair tx650 power supply And a 2nd tx650 power supply to test with
Corsair case
I think that is everything.

I have a feeling that either my cpu or mb is fried so is it time to go Intel?

Thanks in advance
Sean
6 REPLIES 6

Nate152
Hello sean-S13

Welcome to the ROG forum.

No code on the motherboard either means the psu or motherboard failed. Since you tried with another psu and have the same results it seems your motherboard has failed.

If your cpu died it would be showing code 00.

If your motherboard is still under warranty you can do an RMA.

MichaelVanity
Level 7
try taking out your pcie devices unplugging the psu unit from the wall and taking your battery out for 30 mins.

Ive had that problem and that seemed to have solved it.

I then reflashed my bios

"I do not work nor do I speak on behalf of asus or there employees"

Sean-S13
Level 7
Thanks for your replys I have just tried to reflash the bios still no joy. When I went to turn on the mb with the start button still getting the same problem. Turns on for a fraction of a second then off again while making a strange electrical noise from the top of the board.

UPDATE - managed to get it working after realising i didn't flash it correct had it flash right and it turned on. But then it caught on fire!!! I guess the MB is totally screwed now.

Sean-S13
Level 7

this is where the flames came from, I had to cut the power and blow the flames out before any more damage happend
hopefully nothing else in my machine got damaged 😞

chris635
Level 7
How much voltage were you running?
Chris...Have a nice day.

MichaelVanity
Level 7
It looks like you got a faulty board.
I would contact asus support asap.