cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Passthrough

XBrookieX
Level 7
imagine if we could connect the Asus Board through HDMI to the PS4. Eg the PC could connect the ps4 or xbox 1 direct to the pc motherboard, this giving options on which to play via a simple ASUS switch program. The options to do so would blow any competitor.
Then we open up the market on games to which we fancy on buying as the end result displays were we would like it to be without pissing about with cables. PC being the main Hub before Xbox 1 as this does seam what they are trying to do.
PS4 Fan.
Microsoft listen, Apple is kicking Ass. 7
ROG stands irrespective of machine yet Asus make it Stand through the PC on our silly priced dedication and support.
Apology's on beer talk.
10 REPLIES 10

Korth
Level 14
It is a cool idea. But I suspect it would be very difficult to convince Sony to implement anything of the sort. They're in the business of selling PlayStations and collecting license royalties from PS4 titles. They have full legal control of the platform. It would be a conflict of self-interest for them to market any hardware or software which allows consumers to bypass their system or to more easily pirate away their profits.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

samboy87
Level 9
XBrookieX wrote:
imagine if we could connect the Asus Board through HDMI to the PS4. Eg the PC could connect the ps4 or xbox 1 direct to the pc motherboard, this giving options on which to play via a simple ASUS switch program. The options to do so would blow any competitor.
Then we open up the market on games to which we fancy on buying as the end result displays were we would like it to be without pissing about with cables. PC being the main Hub before Xbox 1 as this does seam what they are trying to do.
PS4 Fan.
Microsoft listen, Apple is kicking Ass. 7
ROG stands irrespective of machine yet Asus make it Stand through the PC on our silly priced dedication and support.
Apology's on beer talk.

this threat is alittle bit off topic from everything. but why would you want to connect a PC ''motherboard'' to a PS4 or an Xbox 1? if you have an Xbox 1 and PS4 you can connect the HDMI to the xbox one and switch between them , from the xbox one. or if you are using a PC monitor for your ps4/xbox1 and PC, you can just switch the input on your monitor.....

you will be able to Stream . yes stream your xbox one to Pc ''wireless'' with windows 10. so why in heavens paradise would you want to connect a console to a motherboard. you wouldn't benifit from it..and i dont see a purpose with it... sorry.:rolleyes:

XBrookieX
Level 7
Idea being the main hub. 1 Screen pretty obvious without intermittent wireless crap.

One link on a Asus program decides the output just like a HDMI pass through amp.

Xbox 1 allows Pass-through its not too Hard.

XBrookieX
Level 7
Not too confuse still use the console but its allowed through the PC to one Screen.

Korth
Level 14
I'm guessing the idea is to be able to use some of the PC's hardware resources. Disc player, storage space, faster network, etc. You'd never be able to use the PC's CPU, GPU(s), or RAM, simply because console titles are coded for very specific (locked) hardware configurations while PCs have basically random hardware (and can even theoretically still use some parts that have been obsolete for decades). I think the sad reality is that the performance of gaming on a PC can vastly overwhelm any console, but people who like console games still have to buy consoles if they want access to platform-exclusive game titles or multiplayer with other console gamers. The only real solution is to convince your multiplayer buddies to upgrade to a real gaming platform instead of a $300 proprietary gaming platform, lol.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
I'm guessing the idea is to be able to use some of the PC's hardware resources. Disc player, storage space, faster network, etc. You'd never be able to use the PC's CPU, GPU(s), or RAM, simply because console titles are coded for very specific (locked) hardware configurations while PCs have basically random hardware (and can even theoretically still use some parts that have been obsolete for decades). I think the sad reality is that the performance of gaming on a PC can vastly overwhelm any console, but people who like console games still have to buy consoles if they want access to platform-exclusive game titles or multiplayer with other console gamers. The only real solution is to convince your multiplayer buddies to upgrade to a real gaming platform instead of a $300 proprietary gaming platform, lol.

Agree and yet financially we have to help out friends LOL/

well it's pretty easy. if you want to game on PC, you buy an PC, if you want to game on a console. you buy an console. or if you want all. buy all 3 🙂 i got all 3 and to be honest im pretty done with consoles....behalf the exclusive games. the ideé will never come true. atleast from sony. Maybe microsoft, Xbox one is more intergraded with pc. but i doubt that. The only think you can do for now is to connect all 2 consoles and the Pc to 1 screen and just enjoy it for what it is 😉