cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP with slow M.2 speeds on the Rampage V

paulbaird87
Level 7
I upgraded to the R5E from an cAsrock x99m killer which is a cheap micro board.
I was looking though some benchmarks on the old board to compare with the R5E and noticed that the SM951 M.2 speeds on the R5E are significantly slower than the little Asrock. Want expecting this and was hoping you guys would have done info.
Benchmark are from AS-SSD.

http://ocau.com/pix/8u6yo

4 REPLIES 4

Menthol
Level 14
paulbaird87,
Is this your OS drive? If it is did you perform a fresh install when you swapped motherboards? The fact that it's not reporting the read access time is strange.
If it is your OS drive and you didn't perform a fresh install it maybe some drivers or something left over from the previous board but it's hard to say

Menthol wrote:
paulbaird87,
Is this your OS drive? If it is did you perform a fresh install when you swapped motherboards? The fact that it's not reporting the read access time is strange.
If it is your OS drive and you didn't perform a fresh install it maybe some drivers or something left over from the previous board but it's hard to say

Yes this is my OS drive and it was formatted with a fresh windows 8.1 install and all the R5E drivers available. I have no other issues with the drive and stability and boot times are great, just not AS SSD. Maybe I'll try other drive performance software.

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
Disabling Intel Speedstep usually boosts the numbers a few in those SSD benchmarking programs.

I'll give that a try