Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bootup Problem

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Quote Originally Posted by NeoTheKiller View Post
    I took the whole motherboard out of the case, the only things attached to it are the memory cards, cpu and the powercables.
    Is motherboard on top of the cardboard box that it came in? Also have you disconnect every cable except for the 24 pin, 8 pin and 4 pin power cables?

Please list your complete system specifications for me as well.

ROG Member Array

No it is not on top of a cardboard box, it's just on a flat surface, also as previously stated, all wires except the power pins are disconnected...

The current relevant information is:
    Motherboard: Rampage V extreme
    Ram: Corsair Vengeance CMK16GX4M4A2133C13R
    Cpu: Intel 5820k
    Psu: Coolmax CUL-950B

Correct.

Remove your CPU carefully. Then proceed to examine the CPU socket for any bent or missing pins. When reinstalling your CPU and heatsink make sure you don't overtighten the screws for the heatsink. Remove all memory modules except for the one in the DIMM_A1 slot. See if the problem persists.

ROG Member Array

I had already tried removing the other 3 ram modules and rebooting but it was still the same, and yes the 4th remaining module was in the DIMM_A1 slot...

I'll check the cpu pins tomorrow then I'll post again

ROG Member Array

Good morning everyone,

I checked the cpu socket, there are no bent or missing pins, after that I put all 4 memory cards one by one in the DIMM_A1 slot to see if my memory could be corrupt...
    But nope same thing, it starts for a few seconds then just dies off again...

Any ideas?

See if you can borrow another PSU to test your system and preferrably from a respected manufacturer.

ROG Member Array

That is the thing, I tested the voltage of my psu and it's supplying stable voltage ratings...

If I can't find any other way then I guess I have to return the board to Asus...
    I'm not in the US or the UK, is there any way I can return this to Asus? Will the warranty still be valid?
    It hasn't even been 7 months since I bought the board.

return it to the place you did buy it from.

ROG Member Array

I talked to the Asus customer service and they will set me up for a RMA. He also thinks that something might be wrong with the board itself.

But in the meantime before I ship it out to the US, is there anything else I might do to test it or even fix it? If not then I'll leave it how it is...

Without spare parts, it'd be near impossible to do so. Your best route is to RMA if you cannot borrow extra parts or take your system down to a computer store for testing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast