cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmed "G-Sync FIX" for ASUS G751 Series Laptops

MechyTech
Level 7
I wanted to post this earlier with another account I tried creating through the forum registration but I didn't have permission to post...so I made another account through the ASUS website and it allowed me to upgrade my account. I've seen this petition thing going on awhile and did some research on my own and finally have found out on how to enable G-Sync support on my G751JY.

Hopefully this method will work for other people who also own G751 series laptops. I guess I kind of accidentally stumbled on the solution after reading a thread about a modified leaked driver on how to resolve this issue, however it didn't really work for me using the solution provided on that original thread.

I'm sure most of you probably seen this thread before:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1538208/nvidia-g-sync-free-on-mobile-edp-monitors-with-980m

This is how I stumbled on the solution:
I downloaded and tested many recent versions of the Nvidia drivers, and replaced the "nvlddmkm.sys" with the leaked 346.87 "nvlddmkm.sys" file found on the original thread above.

-347.52 (didn't work)
-347.88 (didn't work)
-348.01 (WORKS!!!!!!)
-348.12 (ALSO WORKS!!!!!)
-353.24 (didn't work)
-353.30 (didn't work)

So only two versions (348.01 and 348.12) appeared to work with the leaked "nvlddmkm.sys" file. The other versions installed and with the leaked file doesn't have the G-Sync option in the menu..

So here's a simple recap of what you need to do:

1) Download either Nvidia GeForce 348.01 or 348.12 mobile drivers

2) Download DDU to do a deep clean of all the previous drivers on your system to prevent any issues from occurring
http://www.guru3d.com/files-get/display-driver-uninstaller-download,20.html

3) Restart computer after using DDU then install the 348.01 or 348.12 driver

4) Download the leaked driver from the link below:
http://1pcent.com/files/G-SYNC/346.87/nvlddmkm.zip

5) First create new backup folder to save a copy of current "nvlddmkm.sys" from C:\Windows\System32\Drivers

6) Replace the "nvlddmkm.sys" with the leaked "nvlddmkm.sys" file you downloaded in step#4

7) Restart computer

😎 Open up the Nvidia control panel, you will notice that G-Sync option is available.

9) Run the Nvidia G-Sync setup or G-SYNC Pendulum Demo (should come with driver but for some odd reason that it doesn't, download at the link below)
http://us.download.nvidia.com/downloads/cool_stuff/demos/Setup_G-SYNC_1.09.exe

Working very smoothly for me, I don't get any BSODs, black screens, or any issues as described by some other users who managed to get G-Sync working on their laptops.

Since none of the newer driver versions seem to be working, I assume that the leaked file will not work for future driver versions. It means it's really only possible for us to have G-Sync support with these two driver versions. It means this can only be a short term solution that will allow us to have G-Sync support but later when newer games come out and the newer drivers are needed to optimize those games, we would probably need to give up G-Sync for that.

***PLEASE SHARE YOUR RESULTS WITH EVERYONE AND CONFIRM IF THIS WORKED FOR YOU OR NOT (sorry for the caps). Hope this works for all of you, good luck!

Below are screenshots I've taken after confirming that G-Sync is working (I ran the setup of a newer driver version to show the current driver version that is currently working which is 348.12):
3 REPLIES 3

Edweird
Level 10
Oh my god, man.
Thank you for the post but...we've known about this for months and a lot of people will be disappointed when they see this. I'm glad you got it working for yourself but it is, unfortunately, VERY old news. In fact, the problems we're facing now are in many ways an extension of the same you're pointing at.

We're currently in discussion about the new G-SYNC offical models. The above works better with a more recent "release". Personally, I would remove the post entirely. There's several threads being actively used on the subject on the main page here. This method, in the way you describe it, is what proved it was possible in the first place.

Unless you're saying that one of the specific steps in your guide are what removes the below-30fps black screens? Those are the black screens you're seeing people talk about.

warryabel
Level 7
attention spoiler...you have 353xxx installed or what is the info?

Bahz
Level 12
Old news, please search forum first before starting new thread.