cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Thank you to CL-Albert for our G551.

shragae
Level 7
We are a two G551 family. My teen son is a huge PC gamer and his G551 is practically connected to his body!

About a month ago he dropped it. . . down the stairs. It landed on the tile floor. The CD drive popped out (I don't mean opeend, I mean it flew out of the laptop and could not be reinserted). The screen didn't break (don't ask me how), but the power port came loose and the charger wouldn't connect to it. Shortly thereafter the hard drive began to fail -- but since we couldn't charge it anyway that seemed unimportant!

We had a one year "accidental warranty" thanks to Costco. I contacted ASUS and mailed the laptop in to them for repair. Having read more than a few horror stories about ASUS warranty work I read about contacting CL-Albert via this forum. I did so immediately (ASUS hadn't even received the unit back yet).

Albert could not have been nicer. As soon as the laptop got to ASUS he started tracking it for me. When ASUS realized the extent of the damage they said that it would take a long time to repair -- would we prefer a refurbished unit?

YES!! Please!!

My son was scheduled for some pretty major surgery in June and is spending the summer in bed and a wheelchair. This is a bummer for any kid. . . but a kid without his gaming laptop??? Horrors!

Well, thanks to Albert (who says, "ah shucks, I didn't do much -- everyone else did!") the refurbished laptop arrived today (about 3 weeks after we shipped it off). My son is busy downloading his games from Steam. . .

Thanks again, Albert. And thanks to the other fine folks at ASUS who helped my son get his gaming laptop back so he isn't totally bored out of his mind with nothing to do. Now if only Fallout IV was out life would be grand!
1 REPLY 1

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
shragae, thanks for taking the time to post and share your experience.

I always like to give it a few more days to make sure the notebook is operating okay, but am happy to provide any help that I can (yes, there were others who actually checked the original notebook, arranged the replacement, tested the replacement, and shipped out the notebook, so want to make sure they receive proper credit).

Also, want to wish your son a speedy recovery again!