cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

g750jx - new power supply?

GoAsusGo_
Level 8
hi,

i have a g750jx, there are two slices in the cord attached to the power supply. ive taped it up.
Do you think ASUS would send me a new power supply free of charge? 🙂

thanks
8 REPLIES 8

Maxter
Level 9
If you bought through BestBuy, their insurance allows you to have one free power supply and a free battery (assuming you're in the US). ASUS won't send you a power supply. You can buy one online, however. They run at about $120.

GoAsusGo_
Level 8
no, i didnt buy it at best buy 😞 and im in Canada.

GoAsusGo_
Level 8
this seems like a better deal,

http://www.amazon.com/iTEKIRO-G750JW-BBI7N05-G750JW-DB71-G750JW-RB71-G750JX-DB71/dp/B00EYLIPH6

50 bucks.

still alot though.

*sighs*

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Do not buy a fake/copy charger for an expensive laptop.

Maxter
Level 9
Follow Darnassus recommendations.

An alternative charger is the one bestbuy sent to me (assuming bestbuy doesn't want to break my laptop or they'll have to fix it or give me a new one anyways):
Delta Electronics, INC. Model: ADP-180EB D
Output: 19V --- 9.5A (which is 180 Watts - like the original ASUS one)

I've been using it with no issues for over 6 months. Battery is still pretty good.

GoAsusGo_
Level 8
i dont understand,
wouldnt any charger that is not made by asus be a fake/copy? so then the delta charger you mentioned is a fake/copy.

Maxter
Level 9
The delta charger it's definitely a copy. But if bestbuy trusts it, I trust it. As I mentioned, my laptop is under warranty. A bad charger = burned MoBo = new laptop for me = loss to them. I doubt they would have sent me a cheap knockoff... (they payed $80 for the charger they sent me). So probably there are delta charger fakes too o.O