cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG G750JM Blue Screen and Restart Problems.

Rohan1221
Level 7
Hi, before I say anything I would first like to say that I am very inexperienced with computers, so if any of you try to help me, if you could so please to do so in dumbed down computer language that could really help 🙂

Problem number 1:
So first of all... there is this thing that when I turn my computer on, it is stuck on a never ending reboot cycle unless I press F2 to go to the BIOS menu then I have to press F10 and Enter to finally log in to my computer. If there is a fix to that, could someone help me please?

Problem number 2:
This just started happening recently. I get a blue screen that says something like SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION but I don't know what it is it dissapeared fast and I couldn't read it. I read online that I need to update my drivers but all the programs I download tell me to pay something like 40$ to update my drivers. If it is really necessary I will pay that amount but if there is a cheaper and more efficient way could someone please tell me?

Thank you in advance for helping me :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
3 REPLIES 3

Maxter
Level 9
You need to install a piece of software called WhoCrashed (http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed). It'll give you more information on what happened with the BSOD. It's a very powerful program, and free.

JohnNewman
Level 7
How does one download to a system that won't get past the screen with"SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (nvlddmk.sys) ?
If I download to another computer, how do I get it to the problem computer that won't boot?

Maxter
Level 9
you start the computer in safe mode. In safemode, you will not have this issue since Windows will load generic drivers instead of the nVidia ones. Once in safemode, you can uninstall drivers too.
If you updated to Win10 and you started seeing these issues, it's because nVidia drivers crash on resume from sleep/hibernate. There are issues that they haven't fixed yet.