cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G750jh keeps shutting down unexpectedly

Roetsy
Level 7
Hi All

Please help. My laptop has started to just turn off, like the power cable is unplugged, recently. I don't keep the battery in while on mains power as I want to protect the longevity of it.
Please refer to the image.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Maxter
Level 9
To get the most of the battery, you should be doing, at least once a month, a full discharge/recharge cycle (some people may argue that every other week may be necessary). This is to keep the redox chemistry going.
In terms of the shutdown, have you been checking the temperatures? could you be a little more descriptive? are you idling? gaming? if you were to keep the battery inside, does the battery light come on and off on its own?

Ah thank you for the information on the battery.

The shutdown:
All temps seem fine, and whenever it shuts off the system is under no real stress at all, with only a few applications and programs running. Most of the time when it has happened is when I for instance come back to the idle system to perform a task and more than a few times when i was about to or just clicked on opening a new tab on IE.

Since yesterday I have started to use Chrome instead and I also uninstalled some programs, including Virtualbox and GNS3, and so far I have had no incident.

Previously when I had the battery in, all the lights that should show seemed on, but I have not got the battery with me at the moment to test it, sorry.

I will see how the system behave for the next week or so, but plan to do a fresh install of Windows 7.

Does anyone have a good guide for Windows 7 64bit drivers for the G750jh?

Thanks

Maxter
Level 9
somewhere in these forums there is the answer to windows 7. Truth is Win 8/8.1 work better. Just install classic shell to get rid of the annoying metro screen.

Thanks Maxter. I will give 8.1 a go 😉

System still running without any problems.

Maxter
Level 9
Also, after the update, if you're having issues with automatic sleep/hibernate, clear all permissions from the firewall. I noticed, at least on mine, that some ports stayed opened and the OS went stupid for autosleeping mode (everything else is flawless... even 8.1 was faster than 😎