Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Hate To beat the dead horse but, I have a small power or error on bootup.

First i would like to say i am very happy with the motherboard thus far. I installed everything flawlessly and had zero issues until the U.S and a hate group
    decided they need to discriminate against African American individuals workbenches and electronic equipment in the home by causing severe
    SEU, SEL problems that eventually cause lockups and crashes and restarts. The reason i noticed is because they make a reverse conduction noise
    or a "backfire and automotive you would call it". The reverse conduction certainly overloads capacitors and luckily i have purchased a warranty.

Long story short i am receiving severe hardware damage from surges that are intended to knock the bolts loose on my hardware, and not just my
    computer, but everything electronic in the home has some electrical reverse conduction and in addition failures. I am afraid my workbench
    wont have much of a life span like the other i already replaced, they do it for discrimination.

So, i need help figuring out a few things, i have a red LED that is now flashing on my motherboard during the post. Yesterday i was working on the
    computer and i had randomly crashed into bios and got the "Overclock failed message"..............

I have not overclocked this system, i only turned speedstep off through windows, i cannot hav a overclock failure with everything on auto and basic.

Next i noticed that the RED led for the DRAM, BOOT DEVICE and VGA were on and eventually only the DRAM wit ha error code "qb". Ever since then
    i have had the RED led for the VGA and then the BOOT DEVICE light up and flash twice before the system finishes posting. Once the system is up and running
    the LED's go away but from experience there is a clear underlying issue that made me crash in the first place.

I understand that the SEU,SEL induction into the motherboard causes potential EMP like effects which flip switches or electrons in the wrong direction
    as induction. I do not want further damage in other components on my system because of forced induction up the channels to the CPU which they are
    interfering with DRAM/HDD access to lock resources or intercept OS functions.

Just looking for clarification on the LED's and should i worry because i cant figure it out right now. A number of programs are failing and i am having access
    problems now including overall CPU slowdown since the SEU/SEL began on this system. It is only a matter of time before it might be unusable, i have audio of the
    party that is committing the hate crime and the sound of forced induction if anyone is curious.

I have a Brand new barely used system with a stock i75820K. Corsair DDR4 16GB 2666 (2133Mhz), Corsair GT 90GB SSD, Corsair NEUTRON GTX 256 GB SSD
    WD 1 TB Caviar BLACK, CORSAIR HX 850 modular PSU, ASUS NVIDIA 980 GTX, CORSAIR H105 Liquid cooling.

I have yet to try moving the ram about or reseating the VGA. The VGA is massive but it cant be the issue and i have already replaced it.
    I even went as far as putting the system on a signal regulator UPS for clean sine wave electric and i have no reason to have reverse induction
    on the system other than as i explained.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

If you're referring to the 4 QLEDs beside the 24 pin power connector, it's normal for them to light up during post. Should your system encounter a problem, the corresponding QLED will remain lit. If none remains lit, then there is no problem with your system.

ROG Member Array

Ok, thankyou. I am experiencing some real CPU performance drop as a result of the SEU/SEL surges and i dont really know what to do other than wait for the board to fail
    since its already on stock and XMP. Just There is not hardware failures as far as i could see but i am seeing conductive loss , i am not sure?

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

What makes you think that your CPU has dropped in terms of performance? What symptoms are you experiencing?

Quote Originally Posted by syncsnow1 View Post
    First i would like to say i am very happy with the motherboard thus far. I installed everything flawlessly and had zero issues until the U.S and a hate group
    decided they need to discriminate against African American individuals workbenches and electronic equipment in the home by causing severe
    SEU, SEL problems that eventually cause lockups and crashes and restarts. The reason i noticed is because they make a reverse conduction noise
    or a "backfire and automotive you would call it". The reverse conduction certainly overloads capacitors and luckily i have purchased a warranty.

Long story short i am receiving severe hardware damage from surges that are intended to knock the bolts loose on my hardware, and not just my
    computer, but everything electronic in the home has some electrical reverse conduction and in addition failures. I am afraid my workbench
    wont have much of a life span like the other i already replaced, they do it for discrimination.
    Hello

Practically every day I think the Kool-Aid being passed around can't get any stronger. Yet a new day arrives and the dosage is taken to a new level. SEUs and the resultant SEL mainly occur in the upper atmosphere and outer space. However extremely intense solar flares have also produced SEUs at the ground level. As no solar flares of this type have occurred recently I would suggest checking if any of your neighbors are operating a nuclear reactor.

ROG 師傅 Array Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Laptop?...No way! (Model?...Jun Amaki...yes way!)
    MotherboardROG ZENITH EXTREME
    ProcessorTHREADRIPPER 1920X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14Q-32GVK
    Graphics Card #1GTX Titan X
    Graphics Card #2SLI is dead to me
    Graphics Card #3Tri SLI is even dead to Nvidia
    Graphics Card #4Quad SLI is dead to everybody especially my credit card
    Sound CardXonar Essence STX
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 950 PRO
    Storage #22x OCZ VERTEX 3/2x WD Caviar Black 500GB / 2x WD RED 2TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Loop: Dual D5s, Dual Alphacool Monsta 480s, XSPC Raystorm Neo TR4, EK TitanX WaterBlock
    CaseNope!...Phobya Bench...let it all hang out man!
    Power SupplySeasonic SS-1200XP3
    Keyboard Logitech G810 or Fender Rhodes Electric Piano (MKI 73)
    Mouse G502 or Speedy Gonzalez...not Mickey...don't do Disney!
    Headset ...firmly on neck
    Mouse Pad Mouse don't got his own pad man...lives with me
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Spinnaker...or you mean the speakers in my head...man too many voices to name them all
    OS Win XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 Spyware Edition
    Network Router56k modem
    Accessory #1 Umm...nice tie?
    Accessory #2 Err...belt?
    Accessory #3 3 accessories?! I'm not a girl!!

Thank goodness someone said something...cheers Praz

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Korth PC Specs
    Korth PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS X99 R5E (BIOS2101/1902)
    ProcessorHaswell-EP E5-1680-3 SR20H/R2 (4.4GHz)
    Memory (part number)Vengeance LPX 4x8GB SS DDR4-3000 (CMK32GX4M4C3000C15)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA Quadro GP100GL/16GB, 16xPCIe3, NVLink1 (SLI-HB)
    Graphics Card #2NVIDIA Quadro GP100GL/16GB, 16xPCIe3, NVLink1 (SLI-HB)
    Sound CardJDS Labs O2+ODAC (RevB), USB2 UAC1
    MonitorASUS PG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSDs, 4xSATA3 RAID0
    Storage #2Comay BladeDrive E28 3200GB SSD, 8xPCIe2
    CPU CoolerRaijintek NEMESIS/TISIS, AS5, 2xNH-A14
    CaseObsidian 750D (original), 6xNH-A14
    Power SupplyZalman/FSP ZM1250 Platinum
    Headset Pilot P51 PTT *modded*
    OS Arch, Gentoo, Win7x64, Win10x64
    Network RouterActiontec T3200M VDSL2 Gateway
    Accessory #1 TP-Link AC1900 Archer T9E, 1xPCIe
    Accessory #2 ASUS/Infineon SLB9635 TPM (TT1.2/FW3.19)
    Accessory #3 ASUS OC Panel I (FW0501)

If you suspect you're having (or will be having) some sort of extreme problems with EMI/RFI and line noise which might damage your equipment, regardless of the cause ... just use proper electrical and electromagnetic shielding principles. Get a battery-backup uninterruptible power supply or an isolation transformer or some other sort of power conditioner. And a high-quality PSU (not a Corsair HX850) combined with an inexpensive surge protector device would be enough to go a long way. Enclose the computer in a grounded conductive full metal chassis to reduce potential radio interference issues, if you feel it's necessary or happen to live in an EMI-noisy neighbourhood.

Easiest solution might be to just use a laptop, it would be about exactly as "safe" from strange electrical interference as a cellphone. Proper solution might be an upgrade to your residential electrical service.
    Last edited by Korth; 07-09-2015 at 02:55 AM.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Avenger411 PC Specs
    Avenger411 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rampage V Extreme
    ProcessorIntel 5930K@4.3Ghz
    Memory (part number)G-Skills DDR4-3200 (16-16-16-36-1T) 1.375v
    Graphics Card #1EVGA Titan X w/ 980 Hybrid AiO Liquid Cooler
    MonitorAsus RoG Swift PG278Q
    Storage #1OCZ RD400A (Windows)
    Storage #2Samsung 950 Pro (Gaming)
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i
    CaseCorsair 780T
    Power SupplyAntec HCP-1000w Platinum
    Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry-Mx Brown
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
    Headset Roccat 5.1 True Surround Digital
    Mouse Pad Razer Vespula
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterNetgear Nighthawk AC1900
    Accessory #1 Iphone 6S 64gb
    Accessory #2 Brainwave Headset Stand
    Accessory #3 Microsoft Xbox360 Pc Controller

Hey,

I'd get rid from those power surges if i were you. Get this ASAP

http://www.apc.com/products/category.cfm?id=13

There are different quality for different price ranges. If one buy a 3000$+ pc, on HAS to have a battery backup filtering power given to the computer and thus protecting it from crappy surges of even crappy signal that busts perfectly good psus. Read about it, i couldn't be any more dead serious. A 300$ APC will get you a very good protection for mostly any electrical woes your house can encounter.

It's a good investment

Max

PS. (had to edit) LOL @praz "nuclear reactor". Bringing comedy to the community.
    Cpu : Intel 5930K@4.25ghz@1.2v / Cache @4.25ghz@1.20v
    Cpu Cooler : Corsair H100i
    Case : Corsair 780T
    Memory : G.Skills 32GB DDR4-3200mhz CAS 15-15-15-35-1T@1.370v
    Motherboard : Asus Rampage V Extreme (BIOS 3504)
    M2 : Samsung 950 Pro NVME 512gb (Gaming)
    M2 : SSD1 : OCZ RD400A 128gb (windows)
    SSD1 : Crucial MX100 512gb (data)
    Gfx : EVGA Titan X w/ 980 Hybrid Cooling AiO Liquid Cooler
    PSU : Antec HCP-1000W
    Monitor : Asus RoG Swift

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger411 View Post
    Hey,

I'd get rid from those power surges if i were you. Get this ASAP

http://www.apc.com/products/category.cfm?id=13

There are different quality for different price ranges. If one buy a 3000$+ pc, on HAS to have a battery backup filtering power given to the computer and thus protecting it from crappy surges of even crappy signal that busts perfectly good psus. Read about it, i couldn't be any more dead serious. A 300$ APC will get you a very good protection for mostly any electrical woes your house can encounter.

It's a good investment

Max

PS. (had to edit) LOL @praz "nuclear reactor". Bringing comedy to the community.
    And don't forget a tinfoil hat!
    5930K @4.5
    ASUS Rampage 5 Extreme X99
    16 Gbs Corsair Dominator 2666Mhz RAM
    Two, EVGA Nvidia Titan X's in SLI
    Samsung XP941 M2 512 Gb M2 boot drive
    EVGA SuperNOVA P1200 PSU
    Case Labs Merlin Full Tower
    NZXT Kraken X61 AiO CPU cooler with four 140mm Noctura Industrial fans
    Overlord Tempest O27X Monitor @ 118 Hz

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger411 View Post
    Hello

I wasn't going to respond because some of the nonsense in the original post is not content suitable for this forum. However with the mention of SEUs and SELs at a casual glance some may be led to think there may some level of validity to these claims. A SEU occurs when a charged particle sheds energy when passing through a MOSFET. This results in an excess amount of electron-hole pairs. These charged particles originate from cosmic rays, most of which are blocked by the atmosphere, or radiation. So as silly as it sounds an improperly shielded nuclear reactor is the only explanation for this claimed issue. I think my original response goes a long way as far as the validity of the entire thread.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast