cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BluRay player after clean install?

Hideaki
Level 7
On the system that came with my g74sx there was a program named 'Roxio Cineplayer' installed for playing BluRay discs. Now that I have installed a fresh Windows 7 I'd like my new system to be capable of that as well, but I couldn't find that application anywhere on the Asus driver and app disc. Did I simply not look hard enough, is there any way to get that program elsewhere (without paying for it again), or am I just out of luck?
8 REPLIES 8

dstrakele
Level 14
Sonic DVD is the Roxio CinePlayer. However, I think you'd be better off with some other Blu-Ray player. IMO, CinePlayer appears to be quite buggy. Search this forum for other recommendations.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

JRd1st
Level 12
PowerDVD Ultra
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

BrodyBoy
Level 10
You can re-install CIneplayer if your really want it....but as already noted, there are better options.

380mcn
Level 9
+1 (again) for jrd1st

If you have a 3D capable model though, you'll need the Roxio Cineplayer to be able to play 3D.
Asus G74SX-DH73-3D, Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM, Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64-bit - 14gb of RAM,
Clean install on 128gb Crucial M4 SSD + 750gb WD 7200 rpm HDD for storage,
Blu-ray™ ROM/DVD±RW combo drive, 3 GB (dedicated) NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 560M graphics, driver v. 285.62, 3D Capable.
BIOS ver 203

ricksaint wrote:
If you have a 3D capable model though, you'll need the Roxio Cineplayer to be able to play 3D.

CyberLink's PowerDVD 11 is a good start until Mirillis' Splash BD or VideoLan's VLC Media Player v1.2.0 is released, since I got rid of CinePlayer, I've had no trouble playing Blu-Ray discs, though I haven't tried any 3D discs with it yet 😞 But I may watch TT3D Closer to the Edge in 3D sometime within the next few days and will let you know how Cyberlink handles the 3D playback.
We Adapt, We Survive

G74Sx-91131Z, i7 2630QM 2GHz, 8GB DDR3 1333mhz RAM, 1.5TB HDD, Nvidia 3GB GTX560M, 3D Vision

Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. 2GB account is free! http://db.tt/maQR6oe2

dstrakele
Level 14
But I bet you dollars to doughnuts, as soon as you attempt to play a Blu-Ray disc, you'll be posting "Why does CinePlayer only play the audio and not show any video on Blu-Ray discs?" or "Why does CinePlayer eject my Blu-Ray disc as soon as I pop it in my ODD?"
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele wrote:
But I bet you dollars to doughnuts, as soon as you attempt to play a Blu-Ray disc, you'll be posting "Why does CinePlayer only play the audio and not show any video on Blu-Ray discs?"

Oh yeah, I had that a lot before the reinstall :p.