cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fram Rate Drops Caused by CPU dips??

Conradical
Level 7
Hi guys I was wandering if anyone can help me with my problem of sudden frame rate drops occurring in small intervals approximately every few minutes, on seemingly low requirement games such as league of legends.
While investigating I found that it wasn't caused by CPU spikes but rather dips as in the CPU would seemingly drop when the frames dropped.

I just got a brand new asus rog g751 with the following specs:
Processor Speed: 2.50Ghz -3.50Ghz Turbo
Memory (RAM): 16GB (32GB MAX)
Processor Type: 4th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-4710HQ processor
CPU Brand: Intel
Screen:17.3" FULL HD 1920x1080
Operating System: Windows 8.1 64 bit
Hard Drive Capacity: 128GB High Speed SSD+1TB
Graphic: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX860M with 2GB GDDR5 Dedicated 4GB Total Video storage

My graphics card drivers are fully up to date and I originally thought that might be the problem.
So I decided to restore my PC to factory settings since it was pretty much new anyway.
After doing so my PC seemed to work fine again without updating the drivers.
Just recently however the frame drops have started occurring again and I hadn't made any changes to my PC from the factory settings apart from a few automatic windows updates.

Can anyone please help me?

Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
So factory reset worked? Maybe some updatecis the cause....maybe roll back with system restore? Disable automatic update...set itvto check for updates but letvyou decide...maybe you are being pushed a gpu driver...

Other thing might be temps? Is the CPU hor when it dips..i.e. Is thermal throttling a possibility?

^
Temperature is not a problem, it's odd because my PC should have no trouble at all running these games and it doesn't frames sit at around 150+fps
Just the occasional frame drop every few minutes which is really starting to annoy me.

I also tried frame caping and lowering the settings etc. not only did it not work I would hope that for the price i got it I shouldn't have to resort to these measures.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yeah, should work no problem...anything running in the background...antivirus etc?

When l have had laptops I've clean installed OS first thing to remove the tons of bloatware that starts up on them...