cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VI Hero - Windows 10 driver support

Strider
Level 7
Hi,

I'm a bit worried because there are no drivers for Windows 10 on the Hero VI support page yet. Besides that, there haven't been any new driver or BIOS releases in months.

I've checked the support pages for the Maximus VII motherboards and the Rampage V Extreme, and the drivers are already there. So, is the Maximus VI series of motherboards getting official Windows 10 support from Asus or what? If it is, then when will the drivers be available for download on the website?

Cheers
5 REPLIES 5

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
I am using Windows 10 on an M6H. Microsoft provides drivers and the 8.1 and even 7 AIsuite works fine.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

Strider
Level 7
Yeah, but those are Windows Update generic drivers, right? I'm talking about official "ASUS drivers", tuned for these motherboards, like they did with the M7 boards. I also have got the ROG Front Base, which didn't receive the Windows 10 treatment.

Only other option is to try to get the generic drivers through Intel's and Realtek's website...

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
Official Asus drivers for what? You can get the Intel i217 GE version 20.1 drivers for Windows 10 from Intel now. USB 3 is native to Windows 10. It performs just as well with the Intel USB 3 as the Intel ones on Windows 7 and supports UASP natively. The only driver that performs a bit better on Windows 7 than 10 on benchmarks is the Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers. I am sure that Intel will eventually come out with Windows 10 specific RST. The AMD00 driver that Microsoft installs is an Asus one. The Asmedia SATA ports aren't very performant, but if you use them the Microsoft drivers are better than the ASmedia or Asus packaged drivers.

It is best to get the latest drivers from the manufacturer than from Asus. Asus is far behind on USB, RST, Gigabit Ethernet, etc. The Asus drivers are just repackaged ones from Intel, and they are outdated.

By the way, the Windows drivers for the I217-v are the Intel diver 20.1. The settings are presented a little different in the device manager.

You can get more up-to-date realtek drivers from Microsoft than are available on the realtek site. And they are just realtek drivers upplied by Microsoft:

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/5993-latest-realtek-hd-audio-driver-version.html

and they work well with the M6H.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

-Nax-
Level 8
There is no problem for sound/graphics/mainboard which are supported by manufacturer but for asus tool for example a windows 10 full support will be appreciate. But Z97 mainboard support is almost dead so Z87 ...

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
The Asus MH6 site now has Windows 10 drivers.