cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FN keys & backlit keyboard not functioning Again on my G53SW ...new ATK fix

jaffatbat
Level 7
FN keys & backlit keyboard not functioning Again on my G53SW
For anyone interested I have had problems with my keyboard lights and FN keys on a number of occasions on my Asus G53SW, usually after a windows update. Generally I could fix this by reinstalling the ATK package as describe by most users and it would work. But recently both my back lit keyboard failed to light and most of the FN keys failed as well. Nothing seemed to fix it until I stumbled on the following method to reinstall the ATK package which I downloaded fresh from the Asus website. So here are the steps that seemed to fix everything. Here it is Go to- Control panel, open Recovery, on the left panel click on troubleshoot, then right click on programs on the right panel, then click on program compatibility. A window will come up click on next to detect issues. The program on the list that comes up won't be listed so at the top click on "not listed" then next. A browse window will come up and enter the following or copy and paste it from the location or from here C:\Program Files(x86) Asus\ATK Package\ATK Hotkey\HControl.exe then click next and it should solve both keyboard light and FN key problems. I think this works as it utilizes the windows operating system in a different way. Best of luck 😉
2 REPLIES 2

InfernoStorm
Level 10
Very nice of you to share this solution with everyone!

Thanks! 🙂

Retired
Not applicable
Worked for me. Thanks