cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG 3800R - Nicest Gaming Monitor

Vlada011
Level 10
People what happen with ASUS ROG 3800R, when ASUS plan to present monitor?
I don't ask specific date, approximately example Q4 2015, or Q1 2016...

Real next gen monitor and I'm really glad because I didn't replace my 5 years old earlier, plans are in 2016.
When I saw Samsung Curved Screen I mentioned it's only matter of time when ASUS
present something with Curved screen with better specification.

Stands and back side are incredible...
Expensive SLI configuration not allow me gaming on more than 1440p and this would be excellent option for single graphic cards.
Actually if I think better... I never liked some monitor as 3800R...

If someone didn't know ROG 3800R is 34" Curved IPS with G-Sync 21:9

I found only these clips about him.

https://youtu.be/PQmvwIpkV2U

https://youtu.be/WNJ98TZ3xdM

I expect to be most wanted monitor in last few years.
60Hz - 60fps x4 AA better than 120fps Disabled AA.

6 REPLIES 6

mdzcpa
Level 12
60hz refresh is going to be a problem for me. This 3800R is sexy as hell, but my eyes can see the difference now between 60hz and 120/144hz refresh. I don't think I can go backwards on that.

Vlada011
Level 10
For me not, I can barely afford gaming on 1440p on 60fps because for me filters are very important.
I don't need max, but x4 is OK. I don't need even to look other monitors, I'm now completely sure this is what I need.
I hope they will build well monitor with attention on details to prevent some bugs and flaws for whole series.
Fantastic monitor. This is natural position for eyes... middle of monitor is closer to us than sides with flat screen,
curved compensate that.
They know exactly how much need to be curved for best view.

Ntwlf
Level 12
Hi all,

The Asus ROG 3800R looks just like this ASUS ROG PG34Q.:confused:

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/asus-rog-pg34q-34-ultra-wide-curved-g-sync-monitor-details.html

Vlada011
Level 10

I never saw such monitor... it's really nice, panel is big maybe even could be used for movies in living room as TV.
I will remove PC maybe in living room soon. I'm happy because I didn't hurry with Swift.
I can't say nothing for picture quality but this monitor will have 100% nice picture and colors.

NastyPirate
Level 9
I was looking around the web to upgrade my monitor and was deciding to go for the LG 34UC97 curved 21:9 34" one when I stumbled upon this nice little gem. G-Sync and probably more than 60Hz is ideal for gaming and its looks are AWESOME! Can't wait for it to be released. I'm kinda worried of its price though...

Vlada011
Level 10
If you like this more than wait him. For me this is most attractive monitor I ever saw.
Holders on this monitor are really specific details and someone very smart design that.
He worth to wait him.
I notice before several months maybe even year Samsung with Curved Screen, in that period ASUS Swift was most wanted but I knew that more Curved Screen will show up and there are good chance to ASUS launch Curved with G-Sync IPS, I didn't though about dimension and other details but I assumed that Curved Screen monitors are next generation.