cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73JH Help... BSOD/Random restarts

g0dfree
Level 7
Hello all, I purchased my G73JH a few months ago factory refurbished. Everything was good and well until I updated my system... which I realize now could have been the issue. I get random BSOD, usually when moving the laptop (even a slight tip of the screen), random freezes and restarts, and my trackpad freezes occasionally. It's getting pretty frustrating now. I have read quite a few forums on the issues but I feel as if most of them are outdated with broken links, etc. I believe my BIOS version is 213 and I am not sure how to check vBios version. I have also updated all of the drivers. I'm not on my laptop now, but I could supply all of my system information if anyone replies. Are there any updates for these issues from Asus yet? Any help is appreciated.

- Brittany
3 REPLIES 3

dstrakele
Level 14
Getting a BSOD when moving the laptop sounds like a hardware issue. If you look in the System Event Log, find the BugCheck source event(s), and report the Bug Check Code(s) listed in the event(s).
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hi

Have you tried to do a clean install of Windows and seen if the same problems occurs after the install?

Perhaps you could try to clean the register with CCleaner and see if that fixes any problems you got.

HWInfo would be useful to find info about your notebook and temp if you need to know that 🙂
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

BrodyBoy
Level 10
g0dfree wrote:
Hello all, I purchased my G73JH a few months ago factory refurbished. Everything was good and well until I updated my system... which I realize now could have been the issue.

What do mean by "update" here? Just Windows updates? A clean install? If you could elaborate on what exactly changed between "system-working" and "system-not-working" it'll be easier to diagnose and fix the problem.

If you didn't re-install Windows, your best bet may be to do a System Restore. Find a restore point dated BEFORE you made the changed that adversely impacted your system.