cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone get the Windows 10 upgrade notification?

Ravenholme
Level 7
Hey just checking in, my other devices got it, but I haven't received the Windows 10 free upgrade notification. any of you get it?
5 REPLIES 5

Monkiki
Level 7
My G20 was the first of my Windows PCs to get the notification. You have to have Windows Update KB3035583 and KB2976978 installed. That second one may not be required. If that doesn't do it, there's a script out there that you can run to force it.

Ravenholme
Level 7
yeah I have both installed which is what i'm curious about, I have all windows updates installed 😕

Monkiki
Level 7
Might be worth looking for and running the 'Get Windows 10' script then.

Ravenholme
Level 7
i did that MS support script thing (directly from an MS engineer in their forums) somehow i got it to work i don't know how but it works now… lol

I'm curious what performance improvements there will be to the system and how well my GTX980ti will perform, I just ordered the Y90RR, since enough of you are using it i think it's fine. but i still would like to see the wattage test.

Monkiki
Level 7
Supposedly DX12 will give us a nice boost in performance in DX12 games. I imagine Windows 10 will be similar in performance to Windows 8 outside of DX12 games.