cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog G751 power button long press (press and hold) action - nothing happens

scoobyy
Level 7
Hi guys
I bought my laptop around 6 months ago and I never needed to force turn off it by pressing and holding the power button. But today I realized that long pressing my notebook's power button wouldn't turn it off like in other laptops I had. Is this normal? Or can I configure it from somewhere? Or is my notebook faulty?
Please have a look at this video
6 REPLIES 6

joshindaphils
Level 11
It is likely you are hibernating or sleeping on power press, this is typically quicker than 10 seconds so you are not seeing the hard power off.

That is unless you are saying absolutely nothing happens when you hit your poser button... in that case you would have a defect.

joshindaphils wrote:
It is likely you are hibernating or sleeping on power press, this is typically quicker than 10 seconds so you are not seeing the hard power off.

That is unless you are saying absolutely nothing happens when you hit your poser button... in that case you would have a defect.

Hi Josh
Thanks for your reply.
Power button works fine for single, short presses ie- power on, sleep. It's the long press action I'm worrying about. If you press and hold the power button for 10 secs when windows is running nothing happens.

scoobyy wrote:
Power button works fine for single, short presses ie- power on, sleep.

Very unlikely that it's defective then. Check your power plan options in Windows; you can configure what the power button does in there (it could be set to "Do Nothing" at the moment, hence there being no response).

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

Prostar Computer wrote:
Very unlikely that it's defective then. Check your power plan options in Windows; you can configure what the power button does in there (it could be set to "Do Nothing" at the moment, hence there being no response).

Configuring the power button is the first thing I tried. I've uploaded a video. Please review and give an advice.
https://youtu.be/Fkd3FsHc47k

Thanks

scoobyy
Level 7
anyone else got any idea?

amberkalvin
Level 7
I commented on your video; My suggestion is to try to change all of the options from Sleep, Shutdown, hibernate etc. to do nothing. Then hold the power button and see if it works.