cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Straight to BIOS at startup, why?

foxxx46
Level 7
I just bought a new laptop, Asus G551, and after I went to bios from Windows 8.1 (advanced options->uefi) I've started to have issue that always i start computer it goes to BIOS. And then I have to exit the bios and computer starts normaly. Anyone know what could be causing this problem? Thanks for answers! 🙂
5 REPLIES 5

beststevie
Level 7
foxxx46 wrote:
I just bought a new laptop, Asus G551, and after I went to bios from Windows 8.1 (advanced options->uefi) I've started to have issue that always i start computer it goes to BIOS. And then I have to exit the bios and computer starts normaly. Anyone know what could be causing this problem? Thanks for answers! 🙂

If it doesn't find a bootable device (if you format or put out the boot disc for e.g.) it behaves like that (jumping directly to uefi). I had a similar problem. I booted into a grey/black screen. 2nd try I pressed ESC and could choose the boot device and it booted corretly. Someone said, it's a matter of the UEFI. I just switched of "secure boot" and "fast boot" and it was pretty bricked. It happend 2 times and I have had 2 RMAs for that (changing motherboard).

But maybe you should first verify, if the hard discs has errors.

best wishes

steve

Prostar_Compute
Level 9
This happens consistently? Have you tried a power cycle/EC reset (remove battery and charger, press + hold power button for 5 seconds, re-insert battery and/or charger and test again)?

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

Prostar Computer wrote:
This happens consistently? Have you tried a power cycle/EC reset (remove battery and charger, press + hold power button for 5 seconds, re-insert battery and/or charger and test again)?

I tried but it didn't fix. It has been 1month since and I still didn't solve the problem...

di_Valenti
Level 7
I am going to say that fast boot, and secure boot are the issues - and disabling them seems to fix that issue for my G751 - along with enable CSM just to make sure... then it's working fine and boots normally every time.... UEFI seems to be buggy as all get out - while with the above setup it boots fine every time... now if only my Touchpad worked right... *sigh*.

I was searching for fast boot and secure boot options, but i couldn't find them in UEFI. I'm having this problem since i went to UEFI throught windows 8.1 (shift on restart->advanced...... so you can come into UEFI) and because of that i cant install audio driver properly because it suppose to first unistall it and then restart it and install the driver, but instead of that after every reboot it is unistalling it...