cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 way SLI POSEIDON GTX 980's

andlaw
Level 10
Hey guys, first I want to apologize if this has already been asked previously, Ive been looking through the forums and have not seen anything. so, with that said.. I will start with my current setup and what I am experiencing (which is what I am hoping a solution can be found).
Case - 900D
Mobo - Rampage IV BLACK EDITION
Video - Asus Poseidon Platinum GTX 980 in 3 way SLI

problem - I was running 2 way SLI but finally went ahead and ordered the third Poseidon. So I must say it was a TIGHT fit getting the third card to fit between the other two.. but I got it in, powered it up, turned on GTA V and began testing it out.. I did notice the temperatures were much higher (as was expected with not having as much breathing room) but then as the temperatures started to get higher, the fan RPM began to get higher and thats when I noticed the slight noise which I took the side windows to the case off and slightly lifted the top card away from the middle, and the noise has disappeared. I quit the game and loaded up GPU Tweak and started messing around with each fan's RPM to the highest possible without getting them to rub, but I am only getting 50-60% GPU Fan usage., and the Temps are still quite high for my personal preference. I already have the plans for doing a full custom water loop to take full advantage of the Poseidon's cooling solution (main reason I chose these cards, and the fact they look badass! honestly would have went with the Matrix but the multi colored ROG logo is what made the clear choice the Poseidon's). sooooo...... What can I do to space these video cards enough to where the fans can operate at a higher RPM without the fans rubbing on the back plates until I get all the parts ordered and installed for my custom water loop. Thanks in advance*

0 REPLIES 0