Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

G751jt reliability/ newegg extended warranty?

Really want to pull the trigger on this laptop, its sitting the newegg cart right now.

Minus accidental damage which im not to worried about, any major issues that might pop up? My concern is the battery dying off after a year and me being slaved to charger.

Also should I get a extended warranty? looks like its $50 for a year starting after asus runs out. $100 for 2 years from newegg

Wish I had the option to buy an extra year or two straight from asus but doesnt look possible. Just not sure how good their extra service would be in the end.

First time paying over a grand for a laptop and having a hard time hitting the purchase button, seems like with asus you can get a worry free machine or a hassle from what im reading. thanks

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro

http://www.asus.com/gr/support/Article/611/ looks like Asus does have extended warranty's even fix at your home if your willing to pay for it.
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

ROG Member Array

hmm, dont seem to have a USA option on their list though, looking at the UK price it would be like $60 for a year extension.

Have a year to add it as well, thats kinda cool.
    Last edited by sawtoothscream; 07-18-2015 at 05:28 AM.

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro

It seems they have a hotline phone line for US and Canada might be worth a call? I think here in the states we have more options for extended warrany through Vendors that are not available in foreign countries.
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

ROG Member Array

Just ordered from xoticpc, hope I like it

ROG Enthusiast Array

discharge the battery at least once a month and it should last the life of the laptop

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoar View Post
    discharge the battery at least once a month and it should last the life of the laptop
    so just run it down every so often?

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Extended warranties a.k.a. insurance are almost always a bad deal unless you cannot shoulder the expense of a repair. The laptop already has a 3 year warranty (depending on region) also if you look at the fine print on the warranty you may find things that make it not such a great deal, for instance there is a good chances something like the battery would actually be excluded frankly as this item would have a much higher fail rate in 3-5 years. Statistically you will be just giving your money away, this is why they offer it, it is a very profitable venture. Every wonder why the big brick and mortar stores always push it hard, because it is almost pure profit. Sales agents on commision get more off the warrenty then most items. It is racket... sorry if I'm long winded here but I consider them not much better than a scam.

ROG Member Array

yeah, I usually never get them. I did this time though, will probably never use it but it wasnt to much.

Also, this one only has a 1 year warranty, if it had a 3 year i would have skipped the add on for sure. Seems like all laptops have short warranties now, my dads 5 or 6 year old asus came with a 3 year

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Can depend on the model number what warranty you get. Mine came with a 3 year and 1 year accidental, though I have to process accidental and years 2-3 in the states which is a bit of a hassle for me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast