cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crosshair v formula-z error code 01

antoniskots
Level 7
hello
the last two months i m experince random shut downs with random codes. I fixed almost every code throuth BIOS. except code 01.
in the manual code 01 description [Poweron.Reset type detection (soft/hard)]. its not helpful at all. i ve tried everything i know. the problem persists in random times. when im playing games it occurs after some minutes every time with the same code. im using custom watercooling and temps are pretty low.
my specs:
mobo: asus crosshair v formula z
cpu: amd fx 8370
ram: gskill f3-2400c10d-16gtx (1.65)
vga: r9 290 sapphire
psu: 1x thermaltake 1200w - 1x thermaltake 730w

for almost a year there was absolutely no problem.
i m looking forward any suggestions
5 REPLIES 5

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi antoniskots and Welcome to Rog

Qcode 01 is not very descriptive however, many posts on the subject suggest it is driver related.

When in Windows, go to Event Viewer and check for any Service Control Errors. Also open your Device Manager and check for any driver issues or Yellow triangles against drivers.

Report any errors in event viewer you may find and we can take it from there.

EDIT: Whilst your at it, run "sfc /scannow" without quotation marks in an elevated command prompt. This will get windows to look for and possibly fix any corrupted files in your OS system.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

MeanMachine wrote:
Hi antoniskots and Welcome to Rog

Qcode 01 is not very descriptive however, many posts on the subject suggest it is driver related.

When in Windows, go to Event Viewer and check for any Service Control Errors. Also open your Device Manager and check for any driver issues or Yellow triangles against drivers.

Report any errors in event viewer you may find and we can take it from there.

EDIT: Whilst your at it, run "sfc /scannow" without quotation marks in an elevated command prompt. This will get windows to look for and possibly fix any corrupted files in your OS system.

Meanmachine thanks for the reply and sorry for the delayed reply. I was missing a few months on o job. Now im back. Since then i change to Windows 7 (x64) from windows 8.1 (x64). No luck with the problem. I think its ram issue since removing the second stick everything is fine. Putting it back on the problem appears. Also i tried some gskill 2133 from my brothers pc. And it worked fine. I havent check event viewer as you suggest but i will.

One more issue come up. Some times when powring the pc it shuts down after e few seconds and i have to reset it. What is that? Althougth its a mb with tonnes of features is having some problems. The first one caught fire and i didnt get rma. All the pins where populated. Whatever.... I dont know. I bought a knew one.

If it is ram problem or incompatibility(after a year and a half) which ram do you suggest at 16gigs?

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi antoniskots:D

Your CPU supports up to 1866MHz officially, however you may get away with 2133MHz. The difference is negligible when playing games.
My DIMMs of choice are Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD16GX3M2A1866C9.

I have these in both my systems, never had problems and they look great. They are a little more expensive however, if you are on a budget.

Your PC shutting down can be many things including: PSU, Unstable Overclock in Bios, DIMMs.
Try to be as descriptive as you can if the problem continues. mention any changes and settings made in Bios and report any Qcode errors you encounter.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

MeanMachine wrote:
Hi antoniskots:D

Your CPU supports up to 1866MHz officially, however you may get away with 2133MHz. The difference is negligible when playing games.
My DIMMs of choice are Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD16GX3M2A1866C9.

I have these in both my systems, never had problems and they look great. They are a little more expensive however, if you are on a budget.

Your PC shutting down can be many things including: PSU, Unstable Overclock in Bios, DIMMs.
Try to be as descriptive as you can if the problem continues. mention any changes and settings made in Bios and report any Qcode errors you encounter.

Hi meanmachine.
I forgot to mension i was watercolling the ram and i have damaged one fo them during the assembly since i unistalled the waterblocks. It was from coolance. I m telling you this because i switch the dimms and one of them is causing my pc crash. After the crash i check the event viewer there was error on prefetch and wmi. Dont remember the exact code. Maybe 3013. I ll check and inform you.

In bios only ram at 2400 and nb at 2400 are overcklocked. I use custom watercooling.

The problem started some time after i install an ssd (samsung 840 250gb) and watercool the ram. I dont know if there is any relation.

Thanks in advance for helping me out.

I found a picture of event viewer. Hope be helpful