cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with re installing the drivers on G75VW Windows 7

theficklepickle
Level 7
My Laptop Hard drive died and so bought new SSD hard drives and got a friend to put them in and re install Windows 7 64bit, and he gave it back to me and told me to re install the drivers.

I am not the most computer literate but know a little.

Now I have looked through many of the threads here trying to download and install the drivers I need in order. I tried installing the Intel Rapid Response driver but get an error that my computer does not meet the minimum requirements.

I am not sure if I have a Bios installed.

Also only one of my SSD drives show up in my computer, while both show up if I look in devices.

My laptop did not come with a recovery CD, I have installed a few drivers like LAN, Graphics, Intel Chipset.

I have been downloading on another PC and transferring via USB as the WIFI isnt working, I downloaded a WIFI (WI MAX) driver but it says the adapter is missing.

I would be very grateful for some help, if I am doing something wrong, or the proper drivers to download

Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4

C4RN1
Level 9
Link to the drivers

http://www.asus.com/us/ROG_ROG/G75VW/HelpDesk_Download/

Your best bet is to download all of the wifi drivers and see which one works. You can also crack open the laptop and check the make and model number on the wifi card.

Once you get the wifi working you shouldn't have any issues. As far as order goes install the chipset driver first, then the atk package and keyboard filter. If I were you I would skip the graphics driver and download it straight from Nvidia.com.

Your second ssd probably isn't formatted, you can format it by using disk management. To do this press the windows key, type "disk management" and press enter. You will now see your unformatted drive listed, right click the drive that's not formatted and select format. This will bring up a window with format options. Choose ntfs and assign a drive letter. After it completes you will be able to use your newly formatted drive.

If you're wondering which drivers you actually need you can check the list here, there are a lot of worthless programs that come preloaded. Though you want to reinstall them you can.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?23248-Which-DRIVERS-to-install

Good luck

theficklepickle
Level 7
Thank you! It all worked. I really appreciated it.

theficklepickl:::::: i am either a computer expert, but after the reinstallation of Windows 7, don't you go to press the widow's logo no your keyboard, and go to windows update, and takes you to the control panel, where your going to download any avalible updates.i would think they would be automatically upadted, guess its different for win 7.

Never trust Asus auto updates they can break your notebook. always download and install yourself. Asus Support Downloads this is the very best thread on G75VW https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?28758-GUIDE-G55-G75-Upgrade-Notes
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro